Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outwitter Burnout
11-21-2012, 10:21 AM
RE: Outwitter Burnout
Same feeling here.

I drastically reduced my games and ended up playing almost exclusively 2v2 games.
The main reason ?

I was playing most of the time the exact same player and always as player2. This guy is launching so much games...
And he was, and still is , a turtling player 1 who never attack unless he has a wall of five BS. I'm tired of fighting bombshells. I've got a infinite game running on peekaboo... Sharkfood is always a loss, I tried everything. I can win sometimes on bigger maps.

I'm a bit back with the update. I'm enjoying the+1 wit on kills, and I started fighting this same player, and I'm still player2, EACH TIME. I didn't play enough games to build a strong opinion yet, but I have the feeling the update isn't changing anything against turtling player 1. I can put a strongest pressure on him, but it just pushing the BS spawn for a few turns. Then the first BS come, then the second...

I also feel my burnout will come quickly Sad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2012, 12:47 PM
I've burned out several times in the history of me playing Outwitters. I've just recovered from one recently. It seems like every time I try too hard at the game I go on a losing streak, then I remember I'm just trying to have fun. I can't believe that you, Alvendor, actually burned out too, since you were pro ever since I started playing which was when around when you did (XD). Although, I have a renewed interest in outwitters now since this update, veggienauts are pretty fun and they fixed FTA, so why not come back and play?

Masters again finally Master League

Member of the Wolfpack clan.
11-21-2012, 12:55 PM
(11-21-2012 12:47 PM)Bluegodzill Wrote:  It seems like every time I try too hard at the game I go on a losing streak, then I remember I'm just trying to have fun.
Quote of the day! Big Grin

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
11-21-2012, 01:15 PM
I'm almost at the burnout phase (especially when playing the same player as P2, as mentioned), but I guess the update came at the right time for me. Now I have new strategies and maps to discover. Smile
11-21-2012, 01:21 PM
I thought I was burning out... but this update brings whole new mechanics into the game! First off, I usually hope I'm P2. And with the attack/wit bonus thing, both sides can make huge turns, which makes attacking better than turtling. I've switched from mobis to scramblers, and it basically seems like a whole new game!

You think only Adorables use snipers on SFI?
11-21-2012, 10:47 PM
(11-21-2012 01:15 PM)poweewee Wrote:  I'm almost at the burnout phase (especially when playing the same player as P2, as mentioned), but I guess the update came at the right time for me. Now I have new strategies and maps to discover. Smile

Yep this update was definitely needed. There is no lag anymore either, earlier I had to wait several seconds for every move which was incredibly frustrating.

Smooth gameplay, new stuff and fixed FTA makes it much more fun!

Soldier spam FTW
11-22-2012, 12:55 AM
Actually I was surpised how long it lasted before I limited the amount of games. I've been playing 20-30 games simultaneously since early summer and only recently dropped down to a around 10.

So good job for keeping me hooked for that long Wink

Outwitters Allround Top 100 - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?...6aFE#gid=2
11-22-2012, 08:11 PM
From my side, I left the game because I was always player 2 and I lost almost all my games, and turtling was so boring.

I'm back with this update and all major faults are corrected for me, and I love the new team and the new maps.

So I play more and more games now, thanks OML !! Big Grin

[Image: supertitan.gif] Adorables Player [Image: supertitan.gif]