Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this normal?
11-14-2012, 03:28 AM
RE: Is this normal?
How did you get that I don't think the game should be patched? I'm not saying it shouldn't be fixed. I'm saying you shouldn't call people cheaters when they're not cheating. The sheep/wolf thing, while true, was just me messing around. Look, I prefer a flat tax, but while the current system is in place I'm certainly going to take every write off I can get. If you're not going to teach that to your children, they're in trouble. It's not about taking from the sheep. It's about making the best of the system in place. If you read my entire post you'll see I didn't suggest stacking beyond a break even number.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-14-2012, 03:47 AM
im not a fan of the mindset of taking advantage of the loopholes.
keeping distance is the rule of the road here but that doesnt mean i should just do a full brake when an annoying motorcyclist is tailing me knowing it would be his fault for not keeping distance. :\

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
11-14-2012, 04:26 AM
(11-14-2012 03:28 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  How did you get that I don't think the game should be patched? I'm not saying it shouldn't be fixed. I'm saying you shouldn't call people cheaters when they're not cheating. The sheep/wolf thing, while true, was just me messing around. Look, I prefer a flat tax, but while the current system is in place I'm certainly going to take every write off I can get. If you're not going to teach that to your children, they're in trouble. It's not about taking from the sheep. It's about making the best of the system in place. If you read my entire post you'll see I didn't suggest stacking beyond a break even number.

Worldfamous, while I respect your opinion I strongly disagree. We talk about fair play. And fair play pays off for everyone in the long run. To use your analogy. It is wrong to teach your children to take whatever they can get. It makes them better people to lead them an example how you can make friends, cooperate by giving and taking. This is also what makes mankind strong. Even if some individuals don't get it and exploit the system that doesn't give oneself the right to do the same.

Before I get too philosophical here... This is a game anyway but for me it it clear that i have no interest whatsoever to exploit any of the lopholes mentioned. They were left open by chance not by intention and i want to make my way by playing by the rules. It makes me feel better if i am promoted without queue stacking or delaying a loss much more so as if i know i tweaked the statistics only by those tricks.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
11-14-2012, 04:32 AM
With all due respect, as I am currently seeing it, this thread is getting quite philosophical. While I am learning a lot from the views of other players in this forum and appreciating them, I believe further discussion is more tolerated at the Poppycock subforum. Thanks! Smile

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
11-14-2012, 05:23 AM
I like turtles :|

I'm not sure that a discussion like this will help in all honesty, all is will cause is more frustration for both points of view

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
11-14-2012, 11:24 AM
Well, I guess I didn't do a very good job of expressing myself. My statement was mostly tongue in cheek. However, I do believe in this particular case, "gaming the system" is the appropriate thing to do. With such a huge FTA and no random FT, you have to stack the cue just to level the playing field. I don't endorse stacking the cue to the point where you're 30 P1 and 5 P2. Just do it enough to get even. I love this game and the effort that OML puts into it, but FT is broken and you can't blame people for stacking. I'll leave it at that.
11-14-2012, 11:43 AM (This post was last modified: 11-14-2012 11:44 AM by joelduque.)
(11-14-2012 05:23 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  I like turtles :|

I'm not sure that a discussion like this will help in all honesty, all is will cause is more frustration for both points of view

What about a turtling tournament? I'm joking and jokes are half-meant. I'd be really interested in joining if there was one. A match should be finished within a week! Smile

Apologies for being slightly off-topic.

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
11-14-2012, 02:55 PM
It's a good value to play fair even when others are not. In my school, we advocate Play Safe, Play Hard, Play Fair. We call it the P cube. We teach our students to play fair. Even if they lose because others didnt play fair, they are not to get sour about it.
11-15-2012, 04:42 AM
(11-14-2012 03:47 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  im not a fan of the mindset of taking advantage of the loopholes.
keeping distance is the rule of the road here but that doesnt mean i should just do a full brake when an annoying motorcyclist is tailing me knowing it would be his fault for not keeping distance. :\

I had something very similar to this happen to me in real life bit I was on the bike and the other guy was sitting at a green light. When I went over my handlebars and my skull dented his chrome bumper he got out and yelled at me for denting his truck. Go figure.

I'm not saying, I'm just sayin'.
11-15-2012, 04:48 AM
@NDRDOG: this is a gross story!

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.