Poll: Is total points really due to player activity alone?
Yes.
No.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is total points really due to player activity alone?
11-09-2012, 07:57 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2012 07:59 AM by torontorocko.)
RE: Is total points really due to player activity alone?
(11-09-2012 05:28 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  Your Poll Question
Your poll presents an issue because your proposed question makes the 'yes' option illogical and I doubt anyone believes that statement as it is worded. Remove 'alone' and you'll have a better poll. Even though I believe points are mostly representative of activity, I certainly don't believe they boil down to activity 'alone', just mostly. As such, I should technically vote 'no'. In fact, nearly everyone should vote 'no' because the 'yes' option is idiotic. However, I ultimately voted 'yes' and chose to ignore the word 'alone' as I believe the other people who likewise voted the same also chose to do.

Instead, I would ask "Are total points mostly representative of player activity?"
Even that isn't ideal, but it maintains the basic structure of your original question and I didn't want to alternate it too much. Personally I would question "Are points a somewhat meaningful indication of skill?"
I insert 'somewhat' because I don't think anyone believes they are truly a meaningful indicator, just that some may think it means more than it actually does.

I voted no because of the exact reason CombatEX has stated. The question is worded as such that voting yes has to be wrong.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is total points really due to player activity alone? - torontorocko - 11-09-2012 07:57 AM