Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
Enough bombshells !! I quit
11-05-2012, 08:52 AM
Enough bombshells !! I quit
Hi,

I love outwitters. It's one of the smartest games I ever played.
But now I can t stand bombshells. It kills the game. I'm tired of endless bombshells fight and players turtling behind.

I will stop playing cause I have no fun anymore : 75% of my opponents are using bombshells and that unit kills the overall balance between units.

2v2 is more fun , no time to spawn specials.

Best luck with the turtles
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2012, 08:54 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2012 09:01 AM by CombatEX.)
RE: Enough bombshells !! I quit
2v2 has plenty of time to spawn specials.

What league are you in 1v1?

I ask because though I've only played around 100 1v1 games, out of those I've had maybe 5 games where an opponent turtled behind bombshells. Most of my games my opponents are very aggressive. This ranges from Super-Titan to Gifted opponents. It's extremely uncommon for me to encounter all-out turtling o.O

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
11-05-2012, 09:03 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2012 09:03 AM by Zguignou.)
I'm in ST league and currently rank #82.
Believe me when a supertitan player1 decide to play bombshell, it's a lost game.
Can't stand it anymore it's too frustrating .
11-05-2012, 11:19 AM
I try to play all three teams, but I do often find myself wishing I could have a bombshell when I'm adorables or feedback. They are probably the best of the three specials...though not in all situations. I don't think I agree that they break the game, but turtling is rather annoying. Hopefully the +1 wit for kill change will help fix that issue.
11-05-2012, 11:37 AM
in my opinion, turtling is annoying. It is suitable for most of players because it is easy to use, especailly for the defensive players because moving a Bombshell cost 3 wits (unload, move, reload). however, some of the top players choose to use feedback and adorables because they can play as a very aggressive role.
11-05-2012, 01:03 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2012 07:34 AM by joelduque.)
You can play other races. Veggienauts coming in the next update.
As it is, I believe that there exists a good balance in the game. But it takes skill to do so. Just look at top players like Calmon! and Alvendor shine with the mobi. As already said and reiterated by Terenceshiu2005 in other threads, the BS is really annoying but is easy to use. You can learn to use other specials but may lose the competitive edge and possibly rankings in the learning process. Others complain, others adapt, others do neither or both. It is your free will to choose to do so, and this includes your quitting. Good luck with your other endeavors in real life! Smile

(11-05-2012 09:03 AM)Zguignou Wrote:  I'm in ST league and currently rank #82.
Believe me when a supertitan player1 decide to play bombshell, it's a lost game.

Not really. You can fight BS with BS. Or kill the BS before it multiplies and fills the entire map. Smile

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
11-05-2012, 04:24 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2012 04:41 PM by CombatEX.)
(11-05-2012 09:03 AM)Zguignou Wrote:  I'm in ST league and currently rank #82.

Sorry to be blunt, but I don't believe you. The only player in the top 200 I've played who has hard turtled behind bombshells is strategicthinker and he isn't even in the top 100. Besides him I've played p1noyboypj, blueswimmer95, Harti!, Eijolend, Da Wizerd, and QuantumApocalypse among others without having this issue. Granted, some of these players don't often play Scallywags, but then that also begs the question, why (and perhaps more importantly, how)? If they are so highly ranked but don't favor bombshell play, how is that possible if bombshells are so hard to win against?

If what you stated were the case, then why do some of the top players main teams other than Scallywags? Shouldn't players like p1noyboypj have a nigh impossible time keeping high enough win records facing this 'superb bombshell turtle strategy'?

On a side though, I do find the concept of SvS annoying in the sense that getting a Bombshell positioned 1 turn before an opponent is huge due to the nature of the Bombshell's one turn before attack setup. So I do agree with the idea that getting P2 in an SvS is a problem if you both intend to get out a bombshell and P1 has the initiative.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
11-06-2012, 04:11 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2012 07:55 AM by joelduque.)
(11-05-2012 04:24 PM)CombatEX Wrote:  If what you stated were the case, then why do some of the top players main teams other than Scallywags? Shouldn't players like p1noyboypj have a nigh impossible time keeping high enough win records facing this 'superb bombshell turtle strategy'?

I agree mostly with what you said but this. Very high ranked players who queue so many games as P1 get matched mostly against unranked to gifted after a couple of days not getting matched with other players of similar skill level. Maybe because other top players play/start less games. The unranked to gifted players matched with top STs tend to be overly aggressive and usually do not save enough wits to make and use BSs well. Spawning BS is really risky and I believe mostly master to ST level players are able to calculate well such risks and move BSs into proper position and deal real and long-term damage safely (turtling).

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
11-06-2012, 07:55 AM
The main argument I'm hearing is : " top players can , so you should do"
That's a rhetorical formula and that's not valid two seconds. " Lionel messi is scoring 60 goals per year so every football player should be able to do the same" .

Sorry, but I'm not in the top 50 players for that reason : I'm not skilled enough.
So I'm struggling with my own weapons and I really have hard times with player1 playing BS.
And that's logical, in strictly outwitters mathematics, calculating wits spent, killing a well defended BS is insane. When you got two side by side it's even worst .
I would like attack put the pressure , etc, but as player 2 I get my ass kicked cause my opponent has his FTA and 5 more wits than me.

And the new rule 1 kill= 1 wit is going to make BS even more powerful.

BS should have less life points, or deal less damage, or having no splash damages or having a smaller shoot range, but now it's obviously not balanced.
11-06-2012, 08:10 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2012 08:10 AM by joelduque.)
I feel for you. I really do. It is really an uphill battle when you are in a small map vs P1 and he decides to make a BS very early. He would have better position and FTA. That is why there we have an update that would hopefully address FTA. Keeping my fingers crossed here.

BS would only be more powerful with +1 wit for kill if you let the enemy BS get into position and kill your 1 hp units. It's like leaving fuel next to a flame. As others have said, we need more data. Otherwise it would all be conjecture. Smile