Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Large maps or small maps?
11-12-2012, 12:33 AM
RE: Large maps or small maps?
(11-11-2012 08:41 AM)Sasquatch Wrote:  Large maps, long nine preferably

Me too! Long nine is my favorite 1v1 map, simply because of the spaciousness of it. In small maps I can't help but feel that the opponent knows my every move, and can strike any time. Undecided

Member of the Ice clan!
[Image: 29xjgx5.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2012, 01:00 AM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2012 01:05 AM by Phillip.)
RE: Large maps or small maps?
I feel like the variety of play is greater in the maps with two wit/spawn places. Attack left right center, feints. Distract your opponent on one side and push the other. The smaller ones feel more like a sumo match. Two opponents run into each other and see who wins. I'm not saying they don't have strategy, but not as much. I kinda wish I could be in a league with only large maps. When you start a few games and they are all Sharkfood not as exciting as when they are a large map.

Sweetie is my favorite so far. Spread out action and more area to defend. I'm not in any high leagues, but I haven't seen anyone put up a good soldier wall in it, compared to the small maps that always have a quick soldier wall (or a runner rush)

It would be pretty neat to make 1.1 maps out of the 2.2 maps. Keep either the far/close bases in candy ore and machination. Not sure about BB.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply