Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unexpectedly Bumped Down?
11-06-2012, 09:11 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2012 09:22 PM by rnarvin.)
Sad Unexpectedly Bumped Down?
This morning when I woke up, I realized I had been bumped down to the Fluffy Leaugue. I found this shocking and unfair, as I have been working very hard to move up in the Clever League, being in the top 20.

Now I have to surpass 630+ points (#1), with my 170+ (I'm #3), which will take WEEKS, and I am very agrivated and would rather just start over for placement then waste my time trying to move up with no avail.

Speaking of the rankings in the divisions, I don't this it's very locigal to have 4th and 5th place users have, say, 70 points, then 3rd has 435. That make no sense to me, and is very unfair, in my opinion.

I've played this amazing game ever since it was released, and not am awaiting the update with the Veggienauts, but now I am highly doubtful with the game because I've put so much hard work into it ever since I started. Hopefully this point system is changed because I sure as hell don't understand it.

How can I restart and do placement matches?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2012, 12:00 AM
RE: Unexpectedly Bumped Down?
Your place in the division has nothing to do with you place in the league. This means you don't need to get to 1st in fluffy to get into clever. You have a hidden ranking that places you in the appropriate league, and your points go with you when you change leagues. So if you are in 10th place in fluffy, when you get promoted, it's likely you'll be around 10th in clever, and so on. Once you start beating all the fluffys and some clevers, they'll bump you back up to clever.
11-07-2012, 12:09 AM
Hi rnarvin,

The points basically just show your activity, not your skill. So even though everyone is ranked by them, they're not super helpful. The only time your rank matters is when you're top 200, those are based on the hidden skill rating wFamous mentioned.

As for starting placements up again, you will need to log out of your current Game Center account, create a new account and log in with that one on your device. Then when you start up Outwitters (probably best to shut it down first, double tap the home button then hold down on one of the icons then hit the 'x' for the outwitters app) you'll have all your purchases still, but your GC account won't have any stats so you'll start all over. I would only recommend doing this if you've gotten a lot better recently and are winning all your matches easily, especially your P2 matches. Otherwise, just keep playing and gathering points so when you move back to clever you'll be big ballin.
11-07-2012, 04:15 AM
(11-06-2012 09:11 PM)rnarvin Wrote:  This morning when I woke up, I realized I had been bumped down to the Fluffy Leaugue. I found this shocking and unfair, as I have been working very hard to move up in the Clever League, being in the top 20.

Now I have to surpass 630+ points (#1), with my 170+ (I'm #3), which will take WEEKS, and I am very agrivated and would rather just start over for placement then waste my time trying to move up with no avail.

Speaking of the rankings in the divisions, I don't this it's very locigal to have 4th and 5th place users have, say, 70 points, then 3rd has 435. That make no sense to me, and is very unfair, in my opinion.

I've played this amazing game ever since it was released, and not am awaiting the update with the Veggienauts, but now I am highly doubtful with the game because I've put so much hard work into it ever since I started. Hopefully this point system is changed because I sure as hell don't understand it.

How can I restart and do placement matches?

Why would you want to restart with placement matches? If you have grown so strong just win against those much weaker fluffy players and work your way back up. Isn't the whole fun about the struggle? There is no shortcut. In the end you will be ranked according to the skill level you are able to display in the games you play.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
11-07-2012, 08:31 AM
You also may very well bump right back up to Clever on your very next win. I wouldn't panic just yet. If you keep winning, you'll move up.
11-07-2012, 09:42 AM
The ranking within leagues does seem demotivating, but here's a tip that helped me gauge how I'm doing while grinding up the leagues - take points and divide by number of wins to get average points per win (p/w).

A good player will have a high p/w regardless of activity cause its diluted by losses, and in proportion to the caliber of the opponent lost to. Just like points gained per win.

If your p/w is going up, and/or you're beating players with a high p/w you're moving up towards a promotion!

Still not an exact science, and more variables to consider. But helps me come to piece sitting in the mid to bottom of rankings within leagues.

Also, I imagine (pure speculation) that ones 'hidden ranking' has a 'reliability' factor which increases as you play more games and the system feels it has a pretty good idea of your level of play. Which would also prob lead to getting matched against people at your level. And for me, that makes the game fun!

Proud member of Anonymous clan
Master League 1x1, occasionally top 200
Master League 2x2 w Ryzuma
11-12-2012, 11:38 AM
I finally got promoted back to Clever after quite a lot of wins and about 2 losses.

[Image: eqnn2u.png]

I still don't understand the ranking system (at all), but thanks for your help everyone.