Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indefensible Machination Rush?
11-03-2012, 10:26 AM
Indefensible Machination Rush?
If there's a 2v2 map that stands out in FTA, it's Machination. This isn't a rush so much as a setup, but I don't know how you can stop this. We're on the winning end of this one, but we've been on the losing end a couple of times. Check it out.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2012, 10:58 AM
RE: Indefensible Machination Rush?
It was very risky to place the BS without seeing the map. If yellow had moved the soldier left to the base instead of boosting the runner, the BS would be killed by yellow with a runner and soldier.
11-03-2012, 02:44 PM
That IMO is pretty easily counterable. Like the above poster said, if you just send a soldier up I front of the base then it'll be tough for the bomb shell to establish position
11-03-2012, 02:49 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2012 02:53 PM by worldfamous.)
(11-03-2012 10:58 AM)terenceshiu2005 Wrote:  It was very risky to place the BS without seeing the map. If yellow had moved the soldier left to the base instead of boosting the runner, the BS would be killed by yellow with a runner and soldier.

Yeah, you're right. That's the spot we like to plant the shell but I've never see it there that early and I was thinking he had vision. After a second look I see that it was extremely lucky since one of the most common opening moves is the soldier to that spot. Come to think of it, I've never seen someone boost s runner and move to the wit like that.
(11-03-2012 02:44 PM)Mr.Banger Wrote:  That IMO is pretty easily counterable. Like the above poster said, if you just send a soldier up I front of the base then it'll be tough for the bomb shell to establish position

You guys are right. I was viewing without the fog, thinking he knew it was open, but he definitely didn't. I guess my main point is, it's very hard to defend once a shell is in that spot and protected.
11-03-2012, 02:52 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2012 02:55 PM by Mr.Banger.)
Exactly. We normally wait a while before using specials. But damn is the bombshell strong on all 2v2 maps
And it's still IMO kind of hard to show a real noticeable difference in 2v2 for FTA
11-03-2012, 03:12 PM
(11-03-2012 02:52 PM)Mr.Banger Wrote:  Exactly. We normally wait a while before using specials. But damn is the bombshell strong on all 2v2 maps

Especially in Blitz Beach, we just lose a game to WF and his partner! Wink
11-03-2012, 03:21 PM
Mobi+Bs=Death. Two bombshells work just as well. We were in a tough situation earlier before they flagged due to bombshell. Hopefully, win or lose, we will be able to show some scrambler action against Lort gob because we both had scramblers
11-03-2012, 03:39 PM
(11-03-2012 03:12 PM)terenceshiu2005 Wrote:  
(11-03-2012 02:52 PM)Mr.Banger Wrote:  Exactly. We normally wait a while before using specials. But damn is the bombshell strong on all 2v2 maps

Especially in Blitz Beach, we just lose a game to WF and his partner! Wink

FTA definitely seemed to be in play in that game. We pretty much had mirror strategies, we were just one move ahead.
11-03-2012, 03:54 PM
(11-03-2012 03:39 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  FTA definitely seemed to be in play in that game. We pretty much had mirror strategies, we were just one move ahead.

Do you think adding wits to the 2nd player can change the situation?
11-03-2012, 04:13 PM
(11-03-2012 03:54 PM)terenceshiu2005 Wrote:  
(11-03-2012 03:39 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  FTA definitely seemed to be in play in that game. We pretty much had mirror strategies, we were just one move ahead.

Do you think adding wits to the 2nd player can change the situation?

Possibly. For a long time I didn't think it was an issue, but more games seem to be decided by the race to get the super into position. Maybe the new +1 wit/kill mechanic will negate it. The real problem is the impossible challenge of getting to that damn bombshell.