Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Weekly Top 200 - 11/2/2012
11-05-2012, 05:19 PM
RE: Weekly Top 200 - 11/2/2012
(11-05-2012 05:12 PM)MagElf Wrote:  What function generates the Top 200 list?

- In the last week I won more points/week than ever and went from position 105 to 126 :-(

- In the Top-list is a player above me, who is exactly in the same master league division as myself, with 300 points less

Those two facts are very frustrating. You think, you play well and then you got degraded 20 positions. And if you compare yourself with others, then you see, that the leagues don't match with the Top 200 list...

Please Alex, can you explain that a little bit?
thx
Mag
The list is based off your true hidden ranking. The league points indicate nothing except how often you play. If you happened to take a devastating loss but then claw back points, your hidden rating has probably taken a huge beating and cause you to fall.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2012, 08:05 PM
If you want to approximate your weekly performance, subtract 6 from every win. That tends to give me an accurate picture of my rating. E.g. you played 1000 matches, won 600 and lost 400, and gained 2000 points. You would subtract (400 x 6 = 2400) so your hidden rating dropped by around 400 points.
11-06-2012, 03:21 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2012 03:22 AM by joelduque.)
(11-05-2012 05:19 PM)QuantumApocalypse Wrote:  The list is based off your true hidden ranking. The league points indicate nothing except how often you play. If you happened to take a devastating loss but then claw back points, your hidden rating has probably taken a huge beating and cause you to fall.

The league points indicate how often you play and also win especially against similar or higher-ranked players than yourself.

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
11-06-2012, 03:37 AM
If I told you someone had 1400 points, how would you have any idea how often they win against similar or higher-ranked players?
11-06-2012, 03:40 AM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2012 04:04 AM by joelduque.)
(11-06-2012 03:37 AM)wonderpug Wrote:  If I told you someone had 1400 points, how would you have any idea how often they win against similar or higher-ranked players?

Your point is well taken. Just indirectly. With that information alone (1400 points), I would not have any idea of how often they win against similar or higher-ranked players. I do not know how my post above came to you but my point was especially winning against higher-ranked players and losing against lower-ranked players ALSO currently matter in the determination of league points, not just player activity. Long sentence and possibly confusing, but I hope you get my drift.

Latest edit (11/8/2012): Just thought of another idea to drive my point that points is not just due to activity. Assuming there is an uber active player. Bought the 35 games limit. All 35 game slots always fully loaded with 1v1 league games and takes his turns at once and sends them all back to the server in a jiffy. But no matter what he does, he just loses all his games. So his points remain at 0 (or even negative if the system allows it). So to summarize my point, points are not solely determined by player activity! Smile

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
11-06-2012, 06:11 AM
Just an inquiry. The top 200 list includes those who have at least taken a turn during the last week if I'm right. Well the case of Javaseed becomes an issue here. It is claimed that no one has seen a replay of him in a match. So what if he just plays unranked or friendly games right now just to remain active and not get booted out. P1noyboypj has been booted out from the top spot for 2 weeks straight right now by ...Sir3... These 3 players each have a very high hidden ranking, along with Calmon! and Alvendor being consistent top 5-6 or at least have been in the top 10 if I am not mistaken. This is just a theory of mine. Well I do not have data to back it up. Don't you think it is somewhat unfair to remain active and in the top of the list and not really playing league games with those of similar skill? In my level which is much lower, I have experienced being matched to unranked, fluffy to master players maybe due to an appparent shortage of similarly players as P2. Just playing the devil's advocate here. What do you think? Smile

11-06-2012, 06:44 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2012 06:45 AM by wonderpug.)
(11-06-2012 03:40 AM)joelduque Wrote:  
(11-06-2012 03:37 AM)wonderpug Wrote:  If I told you someone had 1400 points, how would you have any idea how often they win against similar or higher-ranked players?

Your point is well taken. Just indirectly. With that information alone (1400 points), I would not have any idea of how often they win against similar or higher-ranked players. I do not know how my post above came to you but my point was especially winning against higher-ranked players and losing against lower-ranked players ALSO currently matter in the determination of league points, not just player activity. Long sentence and possibly confusing, but I hope you get my drift.

Right right, but since you can't tell how someone got to whatever point total they have, the "how" is meaningless. Did they get 1400 points from a long bout of Fluffly matches? Or did they earn most of those 1400 while in ST? The only thing you can be sure of when you see a high point total is that the person has played a lot, which I think was what Quantum meant earlier.
(11-06-2012 06:11 AM)joelduque Wrote:  Just an inquiry. The top 200 list includes those who have at least taken a turn during the last week if I'm right.

I don't think that's true. I had a period of inactivity that must've been a month or so long, and I kept on appearing on the top 200 list in about the same ranking.
11-06-2012, 07:06 AM
(11-06-2012 06:44 AM)wonderpug Wrote:  
(11-06-2012 06:11 AM)joelduque Wrote:  Just an inquiry. The top 200 list includes those who have at least taken a turn during the last week if I'm right.

I don't think that's true. I had a period of inactivity that must've been a month or so long, and I kept on appearing on the top 200 list in about the same ranking.

Thanks! So much for Weekly Top 200. Seems to me to be a misnomer. Smile

11-06-2012, 07:11 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2012 07:13 AM by Harti.)
With the top 200 being posted in a weekly turnus it seems to be the right declaration, isn't it.

Yeah you're good but you needn't begrudge everybody still in front of you their position. You can just do it like with me and kick their asses multiple times.

(I blame the beta testing though Tongue )
/edit: (And FTA.)

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
11-06-2012, 07:20 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2012 07:39 AM by joelduque.)
(11-06-2012 07:11 AM)Harti Wrote:  With the top 200 being posted in a weekly turnus it seems to be the right declaration, isn't it.

Yeah you're good but you needn't begrudge everybody still in front of you their position. You can just do it like with me and kick their asses multiple times.

(I blame the beta testing though Tongue )
/edit: (And FTA.)

Sorry for being too competitive, I guess I just got addicted with the game. I was too aggressive on SFI even as P1. I posted it also for learning purposes. I would gladly add comments for discussion purposes if requested/necessitated. I honestly just got lucky with you not having a nearby runner with respect to the said match and I agree FTA. Smile

I agree that everyone on the list earned it the hard way and deserves it even with some degree of inactivity. Well all maybe except Dzikko. Hahaha