Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
League Opponent Selection System - Determined to be a Bad Idea
07-18-2012, 04:01 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2012 04:24 AM by Mizywill.)
Thumbs Down League Opponent Selection System - Determined to be a Bad Idea
Just curious if a system where you can challenge a certain player in a league game is in the works, or if it's even a good idea. You could get the name either from your division list or maybe rechallenge an old opponent. This might also help people advance faster.

Or would this totally mess with the current system?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-18-2012, 04:14 AM
RE: League Opponent Selection System - Good or Bad Idea?
It would enable win trading and other shenanigans. Bad idea in my honest opinion.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-18-2012, 04:16 AM
RE: League Opponent Selection System - Good or Bad Idea?
(07-18-2012 04:01 AM)Mizywill Wrote:  Or would this totally mess with the current system?

It would. You give the reason yourself:

(07-18-2012 04:01 AM)Mizywill Wrote:  This might also help people advance faster.

It's not included in Outwitters on purpose. Of course, a rematch button or something like that would be really nice. But if these games were ranked, it would basically mean that the matchmaking algorithm can be bypassed which is not a good idea at all.

People would help each other to get up the leagues and try to exploit the system.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
07-18-2012, 04:18 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2012 04:34 AM by Mizywill.)
RE: League Opponent Selection System - Determined to be a Bad Idea
(07-18-2012 04:14 AM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  It would enable win trading and other shenanigans. Bad idea in my honest opinion.
By win trading I take it you mean you team up with your buddy that takes a loss for you. If so, I can see how this would be a serious issue.

Also, what I meant by helping people advance faster was by proving their skill against more highly ranked players and not by somehow working the system, just to clarify. I thought this would be a good idea for people that don't feel their rank properly reflects their skill.

Hopefully this is a good reference for anyone else wondering the same thing.

Thanks for the fast and insightful replies.

Afterthought: I wonder if a system that only allows you to challenge people from your accessible division list would limit the abuse. Probably not though ...

There I go absent mindedly believing in the inherent goodness of others again Angel
07-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Or you could make a second acoount to always lose to yourself,
I also thinks its cheating to have 2 game center accounts to redo the ranking placement matches

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
[Image: sig.png]
07-19-2012, 03:41 PM
If something like this got implemented this may lead to a serious problem besides the cheating reason:

It could go to a point where invite only games will be the common way of starting league games and newer players/players without much contact via friendlist have serious problems finding opponents in the queue.
The matchmaking queue itself would be less frequently used in general which leads to longer waiting times.
11-06-2012, 03:28 PM
Assuming a player were sad enough to have to cheat his ( or her) way into a higher ranking, for example, wouldn't that just result in them just being beaten in most matches and evenly distributing the points among the deserving players who earned their rank?

I'm not saying, I'm just sayin'.