Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puzzle time!
11-02-2012, 07:53 AM
RE: Puzzle time!
(11-02-2012 05:59 AM)Alvendor Wrote:  
(11-01-2012 08:49 AM)blckace Wrote:  I love puzzles!

Try this Top soldier moves three tiles down hits the four hp soldier for two
The two other soldiers take out the two scouts position one of them like a barrier the one that takes red scout
Then red does something i assume a no threat currently
Then green soldier Finishes that soldier you hit before
The soldier on spawn point moves to cover base
Green spawns a new scout and moves him to cover base from the yellow soldier still alive

This forum should have a spoiler feature to be able to hide text! Yep I think this is the best move.

You can't kill the soldier and the red runner as then red can kill green runner and replace its runner for 5 wits.
Now green gets only 5 wits but need 6 wits to move away its soldier, spawn a runner to kill the new red runner and then kill the yellow runner with the soldier.

I screwed up on this one in the game, seems like the solution is much easier to find just after you made your move!

*Edit* Hm I realized red can't replace his runner with a runner from the spawn point and at the same time kill the green runner, so if red doesn't have any closer unit in the fog the other solution would probably work as well. But I think killing both runners is a bit safer.
I'm not sure it's safer, because either way, green will be able to take out the yellow runner. The more likely scenario is that red attacks the runner on his wit and can't replace the one blocking the yellow runner. If he doesn't, green will have 6 wits and can send a runner up to kill the red runner and his soldier to kill the yellow. Now the lone yellow soldier is surrounded by enemy soldiers and a runner. BTW, I love how all the wits are gray. So typical of that map. The outer wit spaces are never safe.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply