Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puzzle time!
11-01-2012, 08:35 AM
Puzzle time!
Blue to move with 6 wits. Green has no wits saved. Opponents have a medic and some other units in the grayed out area, but they don't have much. Can you find the move that might save the situation?

Turn order is: blue -> red -> green -> yellow

Soldier spam FTW
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2012, 08:49 AM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2012 08:52 AM by blckace.)
RE: Puzzle time!
I love puzzles!

Try this Top soldier moves three tiles down hits the four hp soldier for two
The two other soldiers take out the two scouts position one of them like a barrier the one that takes red scout
Then red does something i assume a no threat currently
Then green soldier Finishes that soldier you hit before
The soldier on spawn point moves to cover base
Green spawns a new scout and moves him to cover base from the yellow soldier still alive
11-01-2012, 08:57 AM
Use the 4 soldier and another soldier to take out the 4 orange soldier. Then use the other soldier to kill the red scout. Reds move I cannot determine. Lets just say he passes. Then green moves his soldier to where red scout was previously and killed orange scout. Orange gets the wit space but can't hit the base the end is delayed??

If there is another scout in the white I have no solutions

GC: Great Wolf Sif
11-02-2012, 02:20 AM
I haven't read the answers above, but I think this would be a good move:

Move the two 3 hp soldiers to the immediate right of the yellow soldier nearest the base, so that both blue soldiers can strike the yellow soldier, and in doing so form a wall preventing easy access to corner of base. (2 wits)
Move 4 hp solder adjacent the top blue soldier in this formation, also adjacent the red runner. (1 wit)
Destroy yellow soldier nearest the base (2 wits)
Destroy red runner (1 wit)

Green should be able to help clean up, and blue can bring in the sniper to take out any 3 hp soldiers that come too close.
11-02-2012, 02:49 AM
I think I would wove the two 3 soldiers up to kill yellow 4 soldier then move 4 soldier underneath yellow soldier on the wit and kill red runner. After that, green can, hopefully, get to the yellow runner and place his other units at the base to close any holes.
11-02-2012, 04:17 AM
Two 3 hp soldiers to the right side of yellow's 4 hp soldier and kill it. Then move the 4 hp soldier above yellow's 3 hp soldier and kill the red runner. Should be fine after that. Red can't kill you and green can hopefully deal with what is left. I may reconsider which space I move the 4 hp soldier versus the two 3 hp soldiers if it were actually a game I had been playing and I had a better idea of my opponent's units, but other than that I'm pretty sure this would work.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
11-02-2012, 04:31 AM
Sounds like we're all saying the same thing. Smile
11-02-2012, 05:10 AM
(11-02-2012 04:31 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Sounds like we're all saying the same thing. Smile

Great Minds think alike! Big Grin

GC: Great Wolf Sif
11-02-2012, 05:34 AM
Dude, i just thought of something: we can make this into a general Outwitters puzzle/composition thread!

11-02-2012, 05:59 AM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2012 06:15 AM by Alvendor.)
(11-01-2012 08:49 AM)blckace Wrote:  I love puzzles!

Try this Top soldier moves three tiles down hits the four hp soldier for two
The two other soldiers take out the two scouts position one of them like a barrier the one that takes red scout
Then red does something i assume a no threat currently
Then green soldier Finishes that soldier you hit before
The soldier on spawn point moves to cover base
Green spawns a new scout and moves him to cover base from the yellow soldier still alive

This forum should have a spoiler feature to be able to hide text! Yep I think this is the best move.

You can't kill the soldier and the red runner as then red can kill green runner and replace its runner for 5 wits.
Now green gets only 5 wits but need 6 wits to move away its soldier, spawn a runner to kill the new red runner and then kill the yellow runner with the soldier.

I screwed up on this one in the game, seems like the solution is much easier to find just after you made your move!

*Edit* Hm I realized red can't replace his runner with a runner from the spawn point and at the same time kill the green runner, so if red doesn't have any closer unit in the fog the other solution would probably work as well. But I think killing both runners is a bit safer.

Soldier spam FTW