Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Report a user
10-28-2012, 10:50 PM
Report a user
Is there anywhere I can report a user for inappropriate/rude language in the chat? I can't seem to find anywhere to report people.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2012, 10:54 PM
RE: Report a user
I'm looking for this as well, I think there should be a report button in the chat menu.
10-28-2012, 10:55 PM
I guess you can PM Alex and/or Adam

10-28-2012, 10:59 PM
Go straight to the devs for such concern, I think, as I believe there is no in-app function for reporting. You may chat directly to your opponent first if it bothers you too much.

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
10-28-2012, 11:06 PM
Thanks guys, I'll shoot the devs a pm when I get the chance. This definitely needs a way to report in app. I've chatted with him a bit, but he hasn't been bothering me much seeing as I'm beating him soundly in all of our games.
10-29-2012, 12:07 AM
Just reporting inappropriate behavior or rude language doesn't actually solve anything. Something needs to happen in response to these reports and to reduce the chance for abuse and/or false positives you would need a real person to deal with this. OML doesn't have the manpower to do this and I don't believe there is an easy way to outsource this.

An ignore list would be a viable 'solution' to the immediate problem of being pestered by certain individuals. Or an option to disable chat altogether - if you are letting your 10 year old niece play with your device for example.

That being said, it's saddening to see this issue in any community.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-29-2012, 12:33 AM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2012 12:36 AM by Promicide.)
Why don't you just ignore it? I mean you'll probably never truly meet the person, and for all you know it could be a REAL 6 year old. I've had very competitive games where crap talking kind of made things more interesting.. But lets also note that the "chat" button is a very angry face.

My advice is to not let it bother you, because if someone can influence you so much (just from an online game), you will have further problems with this down the road. Jerks are everywhere and it would be a full time job if I reported all of them to the appropriate applicable authority.

*edit: not a situation, based on facts we know, to have the two game developers take time away from their lives because someone's feelings are hurt... C'mon man ...
10-29-2012, 05:49 AM
Yeah, I'm probably just going to leave it be, and just let him make an idiot of himself. Thanks everyone for the advice.
10-29-2012, 03:23 PM
(10-29-2012 12:33 AM)Promicide Wrote:  Why don't you just ignore it? I mean you'll probably never truly meet the person, and for all you know it could be a REAL 6 year old. I've had very competitive games where crap talking kind of made things more interesting.. But lets also note that the "chat" button is a very angry face.

My advice is to not let it bother you, because if someone can influence you so much (just from an online game), you will have further problems with this down the road. Jerks are everywhere and it would be a full time job if I reported all of them to the appropriate applicable authority.

*edit: not a situation, based on facts we know, to have the two game developers take time away from their lives because someone's feelings are hurt... C'mon man ...

Your post is kind of ironic, considering your signature. Wink
10-29-2012, 03:31 PM
(10-29-2012 03:23 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  
(10-29-2012 12:33 AM)Promicide Wrote:  Why don't you just ignore it? I mean you'll probably never truly meet the person, and for all you know it could be a REAL 6 year old. I've had very competitive games where crap talking kind of made things more interesting.. But lets also note that the "chat" button is a very angry face.

Your post is kind of ironic, considering your signature. Wink

Haha I see what your saying. No, everyone is forced to choose a race to play before you start a game. It was kind of playing on that aspect, I haven't meant a truly racist person yet, and I'm definitely not a minority irl. I think I better change it if people are taking it that way O.o