Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Massive Memory Usage
10-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Massive Memory Usage
Outwitters is taking up 9.7 GB on my phone - I have 20 games open. Anyway to lessen this? I dont have enough free memory to play the game.

Any suggestions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2012, 08:29 PM
RE: Massive Memory Usage
(10-23-2012 01:36 PM)mr_funkenstien Wrote:  Outwitters is taking up 9.7 GB on my phone - I have 20 games open. Anyway to lessen this? I dont have enough free memory to play the game.

Any suggestions?
I deleted and reinstalled the app!Smile

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
10-23-2012, 10:17 PM
I experienced this issue! Reinstalled application can solved the problem. However, make sure you don't have loaded-unfinished turn game on your device.
10-24-2012, 12:49 AM
Thanks. Will I lose my in app purchase and user name? Or does that come back when I reinstall the app?

Sorry. Probably a dumb question but this is my first iPhone.
10-24-2012, 01:14 AM
It should be come back after reinstallation. If not, use restore purchase!
10-24-2012, 01:17 AM
Please note that if you uninstall the app you cannot join your former games. So make sure to either concede or finish them first Smile

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
10-24-2012, 03:29 AM
(10-24-2012 01:17 AM)Harti Wrote:  Please note that if you uninstall the app you cannot join your former games. So make sure to either concede or finish them first Smile

May I ask why this is? It seems like odd behavior to me. I can start games on one device and finish them on another, so it would stand to reason that I should be able to uninstall/reinstall and still access those games.

On that note, what happens if you reinstall with games in progress? Do they even show up?
10-24-2012, 05:47 AM
(10-24-2012 03:29 AM)Emuchu Wrote:  
(10-24-2012 01:17 AM)Harti Wrote:  Please note that if you uninstall the app you cannot join your former games. So make sure to either concede or finish them first Smile

May I ask why this is? It seems like odd behavior to me. I can start games on one device and finish them on another, so it would stand to reason that I should be able to uninstall/reinstall and still access those games.

On that note, what happens if you reinstall with games in progress? Do they even show up?

It's currently a limitation of the game server to not recognize re-installs. This will be fixed next update. In the meantime, prior to re-installing, just make sure all your turns are done or you haven't opened up any games that are your turn.

You will still have access to all your games/content.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
10-24-2012, 12:33 PM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2012 12:34 PM by mr_funkenstien.)
Thanks for your help. It has gone from 9.8 GB to 280 MB.

Game is faster, too. If you can imagine.
5 games say It is started on another device. However 5 games continued to play.

Guess those people will get a Win via forfeit.

Glad the game is back though.
10-24-2012, 12:38 PM
yes, games run much faster after removing the huge data file.

sorry to here that you still 5 game cannot be loaded!