Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scoring system?
10-23-2012, 06:20 PM
RE: Scoring system?
I noticed this earlier as well. I won against a #1 ST, but didn't get a lot of points. I looked at the rankings (top 100) and I was far above him. I thought that explained it, that it was based on the hidden ranking.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2012, 06:21 PM
i think the highest you can get would be 36 Big Grin

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
10-23-2012, 07:19 PM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2012 07:25 PM by terenceshiu2005.)
(10-22-2012 08:02 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  It's fine to share the info.

The league points/ranking are irrelevant to competitive players. It's mainly to make non-competitive players feel good about their sense of progression. There are around 150 competitive players of this game and the bottom 50 of them wanted to know their rating too, that's why the expanded the list to 200.

If you got +6 for winning, it means your hidden rating is far above his and you were heavily favored to win.

Yes, I think the league points/ranking are irrelevant to competitive players. I think I should start to focus on the top 200 list instead of league points/ranking Smile.

+6 was a bad reward. I didn't looked down on my opponent because I was not heavily favored to win in those two matches. my opponent was in Super-Titan and on the top 100 list. I won the first one after I did much defensive work. I got the FTA in second one, but I almost lose it if the counterattack wasn't work. Hope he doesnt mind I share the replay link below. if yes, I will remove those links.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yi7CmAQw

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YhNm2AQw
12-20-2012, 11:50 PM
As I mentioned in another post I lost 31 points against myself!

...I must be AWESOME.
12-21-2012, 01:40 AM
Yes. It's definitely based in hidden ranking. It's not so hidden for the top 200 players. They are ranked every week by OML. Those who are not in the top 200 will more likely to have their skill ratings to be more hidden.
01-07-2013, 06:06 AM
I'm still confused. This seemed like the most relevant thread to bump, apologies for the repetition
(10-22-2012 05:56 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  For someone with the same "hidden rating" as you, you will get -12 for a loss and +18 for a win. The hidden rating is the ranking on the weekly top 200 list.
then why , taking my most recent matches, did I get +8 points for beating someone 49 places behind me in the top 200 and -17 for losing to someone 22 places above me? I understand that focussing on the top 200 list is the way to go but doesn't this make a mockery of the league system? obviously it gives non- top 200 players something to look at but may i refer you to my rant in another thread "Win loss record and in game leader boards" http://www.onemanleft.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=1244 ( sorry, don;t know the clever way to link another thread). If the points don't matter then why not go with a straight fixed points for a win/loss?

I'm still a relative newbie and I find this apparent discrepancy in the point system disheartening. Please, someone, make me feel better about myself!
01-07-2013, 06:20 AM
The system has changed these calculations are based on the old system

I have played only one game since the system has changed so I can't help with that
I'm sure one of the active high ranking players knows the numbers though Smile
01-07-2013, 07:41 AM
Thought that might be the case but it still doesn't compute. Are the "hidden ratings" still the basis for the top 200? I've played a higher ranking player in consecutive games and won one and lost one yet received less points for my win! Still confused. Get rid of these random numbers please
01-07-2013, 07:56 AM
(01-07-2013 07:41 AM)phineas94 Wrote:  Thought that might be the case but it still doesn't compute. Are the "hidden ratings" still the basis for the top 200? I've played a higher ranking player in consecutive games and won one and lost one yet received less points for my win! Still confused. Get rid of these random numbers please

Yes they are.

Higher ranking than you on the top 200? If that's the case you definitely should've won more for your win than lost for your loss, but I suppose it could be that he dropped below you since the rankings were published...
01-07-2013, 08:32 AM
It's possible I suppose - I've just checked their stats on OSN and apart from last fridays update they've always been above me. But I'm still going to bang on about getting rid of them in favour of a fixed win/loss points system till someone can convince me otherwise. Smile