Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Lose vs Give Up
10-21-2012, 01:19 PM
RE: Lose vs Give Up
personally i dont mind either. but i usually just let my opponent win or destroy my base to give him/her the satisfaction.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2013, 04:51 AM
Question. What if the other player has been idle for four days after joining the game and no movement, but I don't want to give up, is there anyway not to lose point without giving up and continue move forward? Any tips? Thanks!
01-27-2013, 05:01 AM
If it's their turn, they'll automatically forfeit around day 4/5. Just wait it out a little bit longer and you'll get the win.

[Image: sig.png]
01-27-2013, 05:16 AM
The length of the game doesn't matter? Once I started a game and player 2 never sent his turn and he lost and I only got 5 points. If i was close to losing, i would try to kill or block the most threatening units and see if my opponent realized that he didn't have to worry about all of my units and could've made a beeline to my base and win. But the higher the tier theiy're in, the smarter they get.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
01-27-2013, 05:23 AM
(10-21-2012 01:19 PM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  personally i dont mind either. but i usually just let my opponent win or destroy my base to give him/her the satisfaction.

This. Most people like to feel the satisfaction of "winning" a game, rather than just seeing the win pop up on their games menu. So I usually let my opponent kill me, unless I'm feeling very frustrated (then I just give up).

Although giving up makes you lose faster and therefore have a chance of losing less points, letting the opponent win also gives you the chance that they'll lose their phone for 4 days Wink

You think only Adorables use snipers on SFI?
01-27-2013, 05:59 AM
If things are relatively even but I have a strong feeling that I'm going to lose, I will continue playing.

If things are really, really obviously teetering in my opponent's favor, I will usually still make a last stand kind of a thing and let my opponent complete the win.

However, if it's one of those situations where I have to either:

a) Press give up
b) Make a last stand even though it's clear I'm going to lose, but it'll still take my opponent several turns to do it, and it's more annoying to keep playing than to give up

Then I will give up.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-27-2013, 08:42 AM
(10-20-2012 03:40 PM)QuantumApocalypse Wrote:  
(10-20-2012 03:31 PM)Phyresis Wrote:  I had a guy message me that he hates cowards who give up instead of losing the "fair way" he sent this after i gave up with a base with 2 hp on foundry, him with a soldier in my backdoor, and all my other units out of position.

Don't worry about people like them. They are usually the kind of people who spam chat with "hurry up" when you don't move within a few hours, and really just want the satisfaction of destroying a base.

Anyway, a win is a win; they should be content with it.

Bah, this attitude is wussy. If the other guy only needs one turn to win, let them have it. If it takes them days to take it then maybe think about it. Giving up is pathetic. I wish there was a way to penalize someone who gives up more than just losing. It's annoying and lame
01-27-2013, 08:52 AM (This post was last modified: 01-27-2013 08:52 AM by Ryzuma.)
How is it annoying? If they give up you get a win. If they don't you get a win. I don't see the problem

[Image: remur.gif]

Click it. You know you want to.
01-27-2013, 09:11 AM (This post was last modified: 01-27-2013 09:11 AM by Phillip.)
It's like walking off the field and forfeiting a football game that you are losing. Sure a forfeit is a win, but its pathetic. You spend a few days to a week battling and then just when you are toast you quit rather than taking the loss with honor? It's wimpy. It should count as a double loss. Double the negative points for a loss if it is a forfeit I say.

Imagine game 7 of the Stanley cup playoffs. Your team is up 6-1 going into the third period and the other team doesn't come out of their dressing room. They just hit the bus and take off. Poor sportsmanship.you win, you lose finish the game and shake hands with the bad guys afterwards. GG

IMO, the decision points should be
Winner/loser points
100%/100% for base = 0 loss
150%/150% for losing all units
100%/200% for quitters

Plus that would make for an interesting strategic decision to try and kill all their guys or go for the kill. You could be going for the guys and miss one that finishes off your base. Quitters should get punished more.
01-27-2013, 09:18 AM
If you want to give extra points for killing every unit, then the game turns from "How do I win?" to "How do I get more points?" It's not about winning anymore, now it's about points farming.

Proud Member of the Diamond League!
[Image: sig.png]