Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alternate Special Unit Brain Storming
10-13-2012, 02:21 PM
Information Alternate Special Unit Brain Storming
In the money raising thread I touched on the idea of OML selling alternate special units for the Scallywags, Feedback, Adorables and Veggienauts to help raise revenue. This idea then had me thinking of all the possibilities for alternate special units. If you could decide on this, what would you create?

To help get the ball rolling, please see below.

Volleyfin
Scalleywags
A pirate puffer fish that can launch a salvo of needles. A sniper with 2 health, 2 range and 2 move but with a twist. It will only do 2 damage per attack, but it can make as many attacks as you have wits.

Teleporter
Feedback
A robotic assassin with a wicked knife. A soldier with 3 damage, 2 health and the ability to move regardless of walls and holes by teleportation.

Angel Bee
Adorables
A cute bee but with angel wings and a halo. A 2 health medic but with 3 range.

Leaf Cutter
Veggienauts
A wiry root with a large sharp leaf coming out of the earth. It can only move by teleporting to empty spaces next to other Veggienauts units.

What does everyone else think of the idea and what units would you make?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2012, 01:45 PM
RE: Alternate Special Unit Brain Storming
To follow up on your ideas, click here.

Lots of special abilities you can steal from here.
10-16-2012, 03:21 AM
I like the visual concepts your bring to the table with the characters. Personally I like the simplicity of one special an everything across the board being equal except for the existing specials. They are great ideas but I fear that all unit balance that the devs and players have strived to maintain would be compromised if these units were created. Sure, they can be tweaked over time.. But we're talking a long time haha. Besides, some of those units you are suggesting are way overpowered, and some are very underpowered. I like your train of thought though Smile
10-16-2012, 08:01 AM
I'd sure like those alternatives, but as it stands the required art for a completely new team isn't the problem, but implementing the specials and balance testing is what takes such a long time. So I think designing more new teams would be a similar effort to implementing alternative specials.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!