Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML
10-21-2012, 12:04 AM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2012 12:17 AM by Phillip.)
RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML
I just got into the game great fun so far. The cost for all the teams is too cheap as you are locking people in and they don't have to pay anymore there is little reason to buy one team if they are going to. What I really wanted when starting out was to be able to play against the computer. Not an easy way to learn before playing other people. Getting stomped and not knowing what to do stinks.

IMO

Free - current game with ads 10 game limit
.99 - current with no ads 15 game limit
$10-15 - full version with all teams

All three should be in the AppStore. I don't know the purchase stats on the extra teams, but the 3 seems fair. Shouldn't matter in my mind if the cost of teams individual compares to the unlimited because of the promise of more.

Icon needs to be changed. First thing I judge a game on in the app store is the icon. The outfitters icon doesn't say what the game is. It isn't exciting or really interesting. Imo, something with two of the soldiers butting heads or somthing helps to translate a little more. I first installed a game, but didn't want to play againstw other people because it didn't want to suck and waste their time.

I don't know what the rate is of people playing and sticking around, but more maps/teams could help. May also be interesting to see how it plays if people place their own players ala arimaa

Great great game once you get into it.

Edit. Just saw the image for the soundtrack. Something like that would do a better job translating the game into an image. You'll never get the saturation of words with friends, but a better icon could lead to more purchases
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - Phillip - 10-21-2012 12:04 AM