Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML
02-14-2013, 12:03 PM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2013 12:06 PM by Ja Karta.)
RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML
(12-31-2012 05:33 PM)sam dicruj Wrote:  The masses just don't want to play strategy games and many that do, don't want to play against other people. I've talked to many app junkies that get excited when I tell them about one of the best games I've come across, only to be let down when I tell them they have to play against other humans and not a computer. With all the crap making money out there.

Part of the problem with that is that League games come across as competitive and scary. Something that OML's presentation supports unfortunately.
Leagues games should feel the opposite of competitive: what they are is a system that promises you games that are always just at your skill level so you're challenged, but not overwhelmed.

If they present it as an auto-difficulty feature instead of a possibility of being told you're in the "dummy" league (along with ~40% of the population) it would be much more attractive to people.

[Even when I play "Friendly" games: about 1/4 of them are against unranked opponents. "Friendly" is the last place unranked (newbs) want to be playing in as even most fluffy players will severly outrank them.

The names are backwards. League is "friendly" if you're new and 'Friendly' is just unfair....
Heck, give players the option to skip "ranking" games altogether and just start on "easy mode" at the bottom of the skill barrel. Let them start by winning.]

Ja Karta: Master League Long Shadow division
w/Niloc 1308 & Buzz Killingtun: Master League Hidden Owl & Proud Turtle divisions
Happy to accept friendlies! (Could use the practice. ; )
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - Ja Karta - 02-14-2013 12:03 PM