Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gotta get that money!
10-13-2012, 04:10 AM
RE: Gotta get that money!
Yeah I hate it when people complain about something they don't need. I think league of legends has pulled it off pretty well, unfortunately it has the worst gaming community ever xP

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 04:15 AM
I would competely support skins etc. I would not pay for such in a game like Hero Academy, but the sheer unadulterated brilliance of this game makes me eager to support it.

Proud Member of the Diamond League!

Will Scramble for Wits - My journey in Outwitters

(12-29-2012 12:04 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  He probably only called scrambler gay because you penetrated him with it. Big Grin
10-13-2012, 07:22 AM
I read the article as well. To be honest when I first got Outwitters I was baffled by the insanely low price for all teams. OML didn't even give people willing to pay more any options. For example, with Hero Academy I buy each new team, which I find to be fair, and I bought extra colors and avatars because I enjoyed the game and wanted to support development.
10-13-2012, 10:18 AM
When I first started playing I instantly got addicted and bought all teams straight away.

I was so choked up when I read the article, this is one of my favourite games and I hate to see so many people hating on it :'(

If it would help with profitability or cutting losses could you make it so you have to make a purchase to play the game?

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
10-13-2012, 11:44 AM
(10-13-2012 04:05 AM)garcia1000 Wrote:  I read that article. It is hard to successfully monetize without being an evil zynga type company, but it can be done.
What article are you guys talking about? Can you post a link, please?
10-13-2012, 11:49 AM
http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2012/10/ou...-disaster/

10-13-2012, 01:12 PM
(10-13-2012 11:49 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2012/10/ou...-disaster/

Sorry I asked. Extremely depressing and frustrating. They made the free part too good. It took me a few months of smacking my friend upside the head to get him to shell out the dough for the teams and expanded cue. That doesn't explain the low download count but maybe the conversion rate. In the Orwellian app world, the crap rises to the top and greatness fails.
10-13-2012, 03:23 PM
=,(

Wow. Well... Just bought the in-game purchase to increase game limit even though I've never gone over 8 games at once. I might just buy Outwitters a few more times on other devices... because honestly I would have gladly paid $20 for this game. I'm sad to see it isn't doing well. Anyone else want to buy additional in-app purchases or copies to help OML out? =P

On another note, I love the jungle map artwork Adam! Keep up the great work =)

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
10-13-2012, 07:59 PM
i just read the article. its so sad to know that despite being a great game, that its not doing well.
Ive been playing with the itouch and ipad since they were released. and i can tell you that im sick and tired of games. i only use my itouch and ipad for music and web browsing. but this game really made me play again.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*