Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gotta get that money!
10-12-2012, 10:19 PM
Gotta get that money!
I think you guys should change the price tag from $0 to $1-$3 for purchase. That should be easy right? If you're able to hold onto that apple love, you'll keep getting those downloads; and word of mouth isn't going to stop, the game is too good.

Other ideas:
-Release new team skins for IAP
-Release new teams and raise the unlock-all price (a lot more teams, like 1 every 3 months until you have 10)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 10:32 PM
RE: Gotta get that money!
I think they should make outwitters a paid app now that its well known. And create a few more teams. Ive seen lots of great concepts for teams in the forum

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
10-12-2012, 10:35 PM
Skins are a very good idea to help OML increase revenue, since Adam has mentioned a lack of things to do Smile
10-12-2012, 10:36 PM
Other ideas:
-Release new team skins for IAP
-Release new teams and raise the unlock-all price (a lot more teams, like 1 every 3 months until you have 10)

[/quote]

All the idea here is to make the free users to jealous the other player cool team and the more team we have the more the free users wants the uber pack.

Also why not leting free users to try the over team by leting them play 1 or 2 games with each race, my bee they will love some race but not all of them
and they will buy the individual packs wich is also greatCool
10-12-2012, 10:44 PM
Permanent limited edition skins would be cool

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
10-13-2012, 01:30 AM
I just bought the game limit upgrade for no reason at all! If all we active users did the same, I suppose OML can get at least some money back. Smile

I realize also that perhaps one reason not a lot of people buy the in-game purchases is because they can live with playing it for free. The scallywags are not bad at all, and a 5 game limit would do for most players. Maybe some of the following can be implemented?
- players who dont pay cannot play ranked matches. They are treated as "guests" who can only play against fellow guests.
- sell skins, wallpapers, or other personalizations
- make the app not free. I'm wondering how many of the 500,000 who downloaded the game would have been willing to pay for it.

I'm banging my head here trying to think of other means for you to break even. I just think its too good a game to lose over money. I really feel for you guys. Compared to this, FTA seems like a first world problem. Smile
10-13-2012, 02:00 AM
Nice ideas, especially the guest suggestion, however I think it's a little too late for that. Reducing game limit to 5 already got them enough bad ratings

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
10-13-2012, 02:24 AM
(10-13-2012 01:30 AM)poweewee Wrote:  Compared to this, FTA seems like a first world problem. Smile

Ain't that the truth? Tongue

I AM THE 99.9997%!

[Image: sig.png]
10-13-2012, 04:02 AM
(10-12-2012 10:35 PM)Ravernoth Wrote:  Skins are a very good idea to help OML increase revenue, since Adam has mentioned a lack of things to do Smile

It's funny to hear this idea and have people agree with it. I happen to agree with it too, but if you take a look at the comments for Hero Academy, it's all complaints about the monetary system. The only difference in their monetary system is...charging for skins. It personally drives me crazy when people complain about price tags on nonessential items, but they do, and they do a lot.
10-13-2012, 04:05 AM
I read that article. It is hard to successfully monetize without being an evil zynga type company, but it can be done.