Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
unfair pairrings
10-11-2012, 01:51 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2012 02:27 PM by TheQwertiest.)
unfair pairrings
im being paired with people way above my league, in a lot of games, as player 2 :o
is this because of the lack of players?
if theyre gonna pair me up with people way above me atleast give me the FTA. haha
7 games with necrocat
2 games with p1noyboypj
and a few games with top gifted and lower masters.
(im in clever but i think i will go back to fluffy by the time all these games are done.)
edit: its now 5 games with p1noyboypj.
im kinda hoping that he goes on a vacation and forgets to play outwitters.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2012, 03:35 PM
RE: unfair pairrings
Wow on my main (stuck in high clever) I hope to get matched against masters. Easier to tier jump if you win. However I do see you your point. Use those matches as a learning experience? (Trying to be optimistic) lol
10-11-2012, 03:40 PM
(10-11-2012 03:35 PM)Promicide Wrote:  Wow on my main (stuck in high clever) I hope to get matched against masters. Easier to tier jump if you win. However I do see you your point. Use those matches as a learning experience? (Trying to be optimistic) lol

You running 2 accounts? Lol
10-11-2012, 03:40 PM
That's probably because they started like 20 games at once. However, if there are no opponents in their range then they will get random players after a 2 day period with no matches.
10-11-2012, 03:43 PM
the thing is, i dont wanna tier jump. i know im not ready yet. haha
yeah, i will learn. the making you feel dumb, traumatic, long losing streak way.

Anonymous Clan
10-11-2012, 03:46 PM
It depends on how long you, or they have been in queue for. As you know, the system gets more lenient with pairings over a loner duration, so it might just have been them waiting for games and you choosing the wrong moment to start more Tongue
Or maybe your hidden ranking is just that good Big Grin
10-11-2012, 03:49 PM
(10-11-2012 03:46 PM)QuantumApocalypse Wrote:  It depends on how long you, or they have been in queue for. As you know, the system gets more lenient with pairings over a loner duration, so it might just have been them waiting for games and you choosing the wrong moment to start more Tongue
Or maybe your hidden ranking is just that good Big Grin

im hoping its the last statement. hahah
its the only positive around all the losing im gonna get.

Anonymous Clan
10-11-2012, 04:05 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2012 04:06 PM by Necrocat219.)
I'm sorry querty, I had enough of getting matched up to players all week as player 2 so I let my P1 matches rip when I had a chance. And that was 2 days ago ^^' these are the only P1 games I've actually managed to get all week

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
10-11-2012, 04:05 PM
The system seems to jump immediately at 2 days to "search for anyone". It doesn't seem like there are intermediate grades. For example, I am a highly ranked Super Titan with powerful skills. It sometimes takes me several hours to find a game, and they are always from within top 40.

After 1 day, it doesn't lessen to, for example, top 200. It stays searching for top 40 players. Then after 2 days, it suddenly drops to "anyone at all". That's sort of strange I think, that there is no intermediate searching level.
10-11-2012, 09:04 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2012 09:11 PM by Da Wizerd.)
(10-11-2012 04:05 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  The system seems to jump immediately at 2 days to "search for anyone". It doesn't seem like there are intermediate grades.

This ^

I posted about this issue on a thread a while back

(09-02-2012 12:32 AM)Dawizerd Wrote:  Ok, so I decided to conduct a small experiment, and it may or may not have some correlation to this issue. I'll share the results.

First my background-
At the time I started I was in masters league, 58 wins, (around 50 1v1) with 560 league points. I've had about a 80% win percentage. I consistently get paired with master league players, usually those with anywhere from 80 to 150 wins or so, I feel that I play at a solid upper tier masters level. As a rule, I don't keep many active games going, I stay at around 5-6 at any given time.

The setup-
I load up my queue with 12 games as player 1. (details about this issue have been and continue to be covered in previous threads) I then sit on those open games for two days without taking my initial turn.

The results-
After two days, I start taking my initial turns on 6 of the 12 games loaded in my queue. The matchmaking system very quickly finds players to fill the games, usually in about 2 minutes. EVERY opponent in these games is taken from gifted league or lower. In my initial 6 games started (taken from the 12 in queue) I got 2 fluffy, 2 unranked and 2 clever leaguers.

After taking my initial turns on those 6 games, I start a brand new game (NOT one of the 12 I queued up), I immediately get matched as player 2 against a master league player.

After finishing most of the initial 6 queued games, I proceed to take my first turn on the remaining 6 games. ALL of them pair me with clever and unranked players. I then start another brand new game, quickly getting paired with a master leaguer, with me as player 2.

After all those games were finished, I returned to my usual routine of starting games, and am once again getting paired with upper tier master leaguers.

Summary-
In my case, "working the queue" resulted in pairings with opponents of a vastly lower skill level, while starting games at more random intervals gave me well matched opponents. So, could some of this "skill mismatch" issue be the way the system is reacting to queue loading by the higher league players?

Da Wizerd - Super-Titan