Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games like Outwitters
10-07-2012, 02:03 PM
Games like Outwitters
Anybody know of games like Outsitters on iPhone or MacBook? Want to get better at these types of game.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2012, 02:52 PM
RE: Games like Outwitters
Sure, Hero Academy is a great one. I know some people also like Great Big War Game - hex based like outwitters - but I don't like it as much.
10-07-2012, 08:28 PM
Hero Academy and Great Big War Game are the only I can think of...
10-07-2012, 09:22 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2012 09:23 PM by Promicide.)
Same here. I don't care for hero academy as much due to the fact it doesn't yield as high of a satisfaction as outwitters, and they charge money for almost every bonus feature. There isn't a strategy game to compare to fun of blowing up your opponents base and getting a rank/rating which to my knowledge neither of those games feature.

Great little war game does have a fun single player campaign, but my motivation to play died out a week after beating it.
10-07-2012, 09:51 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2012 09:55 PM by ArtNJ.)
Uniwar is graphically ugly and has some severe balance issues, but its really fun nevertheless. And it also has a fully fleshed out ranking system built in. It is the cheapest similar game to get all teams and maps, just .99 or 1.99 for the full game.

Dominion is asynch risk variant, and there are numerous asynch card games that are somewhat similar. They arent my thing, so I wont comment.

There is an asynch x-com type game coming very soon, but that is quite different. Forget the name.
10-08-2012, 03:46 AM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2012 03:53 AM by worldfamous.)
(10-07-2012 09:51 PM)ArtNJ Wrote:  Uniwar is graphically ugly and has some severe balance issues, but its really fun nevertheless. And it also has a fully fleshed out ranking system built in. It is the cheapest similar game to get all teams and maps, just .99 or 1.99 for the full game.

Dominion is asynch risk variant, and there are numerous asynch card games that are somewhat similar. They arent my thing, so I wont comment.

There is an asynch x-com type game coming very soon, but that is quite different. Forget the name.

I've never been into the card games either, but I must say that Magic the Gathering is amazing! It's only available on iPad and it is $10 to unlock the full game (free for limited), but worth every penny.
I disagree with promicide. For me, hero academy has a very high satisfaction level is priced just right. $2 a team and they've added 4 teams since launch, which was only about a year ago. You can also buy sets of avatars and team colors, which I'm assuming is the part he doesn't like. Those are just bonus options in my mind.
02-19-2014, 11:54 AM
I like Highgrounds. It's free, web-based, strategic, and you can register.

highgroundsgame.com

"for the cake shall only be a lie if you truly believe it is a lie"
02-19-2014, 02:52 PM
Funorb use to be my site of choice back when I had a computer tons of strategy games some (dare I say are even better or = to outwitters) only issue is you need a computer (which I lack ATM) and like outwitters the free units are = to the paid units in strength thay just offer different strategy. If you want to use them you have to get a monthly membership it's like 5-6$ if I remember correctly but if ur a strategy junky like me then it's worth every penny (I'm pretty sure if you buy like 3-6 months of membership at a time it's like $4 a month

Outwitters is by far my fave strategy game on IOS but if ur looking to switch it up
Haunted Hollow is very fun (always up for an active game of that)
Swords&arrows is quite fun
Heroaccadmy use to be fun but it's so glitchy now
The best of the best ---Chess--- chess.com is the best place to play IMO Smile

You can rip the wings and the horn off a Mobi and try to force it to be a normal whale..But deep down the the Mobi will always be a mobi and you can never hide the scabs Never let anyone try to force you to change!
02-19-2014, 03:39 PM
I recommend checking out Hearthstone, and lesser known but just as good Faeria.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
02-19-2014, 03:54 PM
Now that I think of it, check out Summoner Wars. It's a digital version if an actual board/card game. Not exactly the same as Outwitters, but fills that strategy/tactics niche. There is more luck as you're drawing from a deck, but I'd highly recommend it over Hero Academy.

Live your life as more than plastic.