Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bombshell Turtling - Balancing Suggestion
10-08-2012, 03:04 AM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2012 03:37 AM by Alvendor.)
RE: Bombshell Turtling - Balancing Suggestion
So we all agree on that the bombshell is at least kind of balanced on the larger maps. On the smaller maps most players think it is overpowered and I think all high level players can agree that it is at least easier to play well with.

I don't think more statistics at the moment would really tell us anything we don't already know as:
* When FTA is fixed it will change the matchup percentages significantly
* If statistics showed that bombshells win 70% of the time on a map among super titans it isn't that bad if it is 70% along all ST skill levels. Heck, I would be happy with the balance if I knew that the worst matchup on the worst map was 70/30% among the very best players.

I have the hardest time as P2 vs a competent scullywags player on Peekaboo. It literally feels like running into a (soldier)wall. When FTA is fixed it will be a lot easier on all of the maps for P2 to take out a bombshell that is placed fairly in the middle map so let's ignore those instances. Instead, take when the opponent places it as far back as possible on the map forcing you to either go through it or the spawn point to reach his base.

This is the problem I think: on small maps the opponent can force you to go through the bombshell and it trades superior to the other races in a heads on fight. Changing the maps would be one alternative, I'm just afraid we would loose some of the flavor. Currently I really like how each map has a different feel to it.

It would be great if the specials are balanced so they trade fairly equal in a heads on fight with a wall of units in front of each. It would make more map formations possible. Don't think it will be easy to do though!
(10-07-2012 07:19 AM)Ravernoth Wrote:  I suggest splitting the Bombshell's attack into two:
  1. Initial direct attack (1 wit) - deals 2 damage to one hex
  2. Second splash attack (1 wit) - deals 1 damage to one hex and all adjacent hexes. Has to be the same target as the first attack.
So in effect it would take 2 wits to recreate the Bombshell's current attack

I kind of like this idea. It wouldn't do too much difference on the larger maps as it is fired so seldom there. It would make it viable to move up soldiers in splash range of it. The bombshell would need to splash two units to trade equal or better in wits.

My guess would be that it would move the bombshell from the strongest, if averaging all the small maps, to a slight underdog.

Another option would be to remove the siege armor thing and bump the health to 2.

A scrambler would have a fair chance to trade with it.

A mobi player would be able to teleport snipe it without using a runner. So that would make it a few wits cheaper to kill. Not sure if that would be too much of an advantage?

Soldier spam FTW
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bombshell Turtling - Balancing Suggestion - Alvendor - 10-08-2012 03:04 AM