Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bombshell Turtling - Balancing Suggestion
10-07-2012, 07:53 PM
RE: Bombshell Turtling - Balancing Suggestion
(10-07-2012 07:23 PM)CombatEX Wrote:  
(10-07-2012 07:14 PM)Promicide Wrote:  Map balancing is an issue on some maps and has been identified in a lot of threads (along with the very old topic of FTA).

1. Where? It's unfortunate that I've been here for 5 months and these mysterious discussions that have been identified in a lot of threads have proven so elusive (also, why are we bring up FTA here?)
2. But anyway, even if that is the case, so what? My point is we should be considering map balancing here as a way of balancing* specials. It's funny because by your line of reasoning I can just say, oh, why are we talking about turtling here? It's been discussed in plenty of threads elsewhere... well, because the point is to talk about it in the context of this thread, hence why I think we should be talking about map balancing here as an alternative to unit nerf (or buff).

*but of course we don't even know the specials need balancing in the first place because we don't have match-up stats

I have seen it brought up in a few threads. I'm not going sifting through as that isn't the purpose of the thread. I don't think you really expected me to anyways lol. Your right, i didn't consider the mathematics based on turtle and Unbalanced maps and apologize for the oversight. I do however disagree with the idea that fixing those maps would effectively address the overlaying issues some have with turtling. If i saw a problem with something, i wouldn't want it fixed in "just some instances". I only mention FTA as that it is closely related to the said unbalanced maps, at least in my opinion.

I second the demands for special related statistics!! That would give us an awesome "diagnosing" tool to see where the problems truly lie.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bombshell Turtling - Balancing Suggestion - Promicide - 10-07-2012 07:53 PM