Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bombshell Turtling - Balancing Suggestion
10-07-2012, 08:54 AM
RE: Bombshell Turtling - Balancing Suggestion
(10-07-2012 07:48 AM)Syvan Wrote:  First, although I don't like turtling, I'm not sure I think the bombshell needs to be nerfed either. It is designed to hold a position and it does that really well. I'm not sure spending an extra wit per attack will really change the way that games play out. The question becomes, if the bombshell is nerfed to the point that it can't effectively hold a position, then what is its purpose?

Appreciate your thoughts. I think with this change, the bombshell would still effectively hold a position. Even with the extra wit, it's attack would be very cost efficient. But it would give a turtler a few less wits to counter with, and correct the imbalance that I think is there.

Battling a well defended bombshell should be challenging, but achievable with skill, whereas currently a simple defensive formation with bombshell on a small map instantly stacks the odds too much in the turtler's favor.

(10-07-2012 07:48 AM)Syvan Wrote:  I really think this is a problem with maps, not with specials. People don't complain about bombshells on Sweetie Pie or Long Nine for a reason. They can just walk around if necessary. The larger the maps, the less effective bombshells will be, and the more effective Mobis will be. (Not sure about Feedback, large maps probably favor them to a lesser extent)

I would love to see breakdown of team winrates by map. I would bet that adorables are advantaged on sweetie pie. Long nine and foundry probably won't show an effect, and the small maps will favor Scallywags.

I agree that the problem arises on certain maps. On small maps it can hold pretty much the only avenue of attack.

However since it's a given that there are small maps, and maps are randomized in league, the bombshell should not hold too a large advantage on these maps.

Adorables and Feedback, if they do hold an advantage on large maps, don't hold it to the same degree.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bombshell Turtling - Balancing Suggestion - Ravernoth - 10-07-2012 08:54 AM