Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bombshell Turtling - Balancing Suggestion
10-07-2012, 08:16 AM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2012 08:17 AM by Promicide.)
RE: Bombshell Turtling - Balancing Suggestion
Turtling can be frustrating but consider the stipulations already placed on the unit. It spawns with one health, and cannot attack the same turn as it is spawned. I have to agree with Syvan that the smaller maps are a prominent source of frustration when it comes to being bombarded by its reptilious function.

Bombshell is inherently a defensive unit. I've only seen it used offensively in 2v2s or when mind controlled from a fixed position, but lets set that aside for now as these are rare occurrences. My personal advice if your playing feedback (whose scrambler is primarily offensive) is to use cheap unit walls to create fog of war to get to that turtle. Once you pull it off though you can take out almost the entire opposing teams resolve and that players motivation to continue.

The teddy faction is my preference though, since I utilize moby as an auxiliary spawn point. By counting squares and your opponents wits, cooking that turtle should be easy (unless your playing with that elite clan of badasses who are capable of always seem to know exactly what tactics your using.

Bombshell? Overpowered? Hell no. Powerful? Very much so. Especially on small maps. Maybe the vegetable clan can shake that up a bit too.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bombshell Turtling - Balancing Suggestion - Promicide - 10-07-2012 08:16 AM