Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I messed up and reinstalled the app
10-05-2012, 07:19 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2012 12:03 PM by bmike.)
I messed up and reinstalled the app
Hi, I messed up and have a 2v2 game caught in limbo. I accidentally pressed a notification and started to load the game and it crashed on me. The map was unplayable - a mix of two maps - the one that was on the screen before I went to do something else and a mix of the game that a move had been made. Anyhow - I somehow decided the right thing was to reinstall Outwitters (this was the bad move on my part) and now the game is locked due to the...

"This turn has already been started on another device."

I'm not feeling great about emailing the developers, but I don't want to cause my partner to lose because I messed up. Can this be fixed? Should I bug the devs? I'll submit a beta request to at least be able to forfeit a game on another device. I feel bad leaving three people hanging for the 4 days it will take for me to lose that match.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2012, 11:24 AM
RE: I messed up and reinstalled the app
(10-05-2012 07:19 AM)bmike Wrote:  Hi, I messed up and have a 2v2 game caught in limbo. I accidentally pressed a notification and started to load the game and it crashed on me. The map was unplayable - a mix of two maps - the one that was on the screen before I went to do something else and a mix of the game that a move had been made. Anyhow - I somehow decided the right thing was to reinstall (bad mode) and now the game is locked due to the...

I'm not feeling great about emailing the developers, but I don't want to cause my partner to lose because I messed up. Can this be fixed? Should I bug the devs? I'll submit a beta request to at least be able to forfeit a game on another device. I feel bad leaving three people hanging for the 4 days it will take for me to lose that match.

Should be working for you in about 20 minutes.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
10-05-2012, 12:30 PM
(10-05-2012 11:24 AM)onealexleft Wrote:  Should be working for you in about 20 minutes.

That's what I call good customer service!
10-05-2012, 12:55 PM
(10-05-2012 12:30 PM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  
(10-05-2012 11:24 AM)onealexleft Wrote:  Should be working for you in about 20 minutes.

That's what I call good customer service!

For real

Da Wizerd - Super-Titan
10-05-2012, 01:42 PM
A+ would buy again
10-05-2012, 04:25 PM
(10-05-2012 11:24 AM)onealexleft Wrote:  
(10-05-2012 07:19 AM)bmike Wrote:  Hi, I messed up and have a 2v2 game caught in limbo. I accidentally pressed a notification and started to load the game and it crashed on me. The map was unplayable - a mix of two maps - the one that was on the screen before I went to do something else and a mix of the game that a move had been made. Anyhow - I somehow decided the right thing was to reinstall (bad mode) and now the game is locked due to the...

Should be working for you in about 20 minutes.

+1!

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
10-05-2012, 07:00 PM
get ready for the 'kick'

and check your totem when it starts working again

[ / drunk ]
10-06-2012, 03:50 AM
I'm getting the same error in a 1v1 game, now is there something you need to fix or it just auto corrects itself after 20 or so mins?
10-06-2012, 03:54 AM
(10-06-2012 03:50 AM)Coolwhip18 Wrote:  I'm getting the same error in a 1v1 game, now is there something you need to fix or it just auto corrects itself after 20 or so mins?

i dont think it auto corrects itself. maybe adam or alex did something

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
10-06-2012, 07:19 AM
Send them a bug report from the contact form on the website. Include your username and who you're playing against. They should be able to fix it.

I AM THE 99.9997%!

[Image: sig.png]