Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Veggienauts Bramble - Suggested improvements to initial beta version
10-07-2012, 05:56 PM
RE: Veggienauts Bramble - Suggested improvements to initial beta version
(10-07-2012 06:20 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  He's actually really easy to detect; it is only cost efficient if you spawn thorns straight into the direction you want to control, meaning having 1 runner will usually detect bramble by at least the second spawned thorn

Hehehe...lol, inside joke Wink

Anyway, glitches aside, it is quite easy to predict the location of the Bramble and thorns, as logic generally dictates placing the Bramble in a central position and spreading from there. Slapping one down in the corner of a map would just prove ineffective and inefficient in achieving the coverage which you aim for with the unit.

Also, due to the close proximity from one thorn to the next, relatively little scouting needs to be done to approximate a location.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-18-2012, 09:23 AM
I'm not a beta tester, but I think this is a cool idea.

I've said this in another thread, but I just got a new idea. If bramble was connected/next to any other units on the same team (grown thorns also count as units), it can grow thorns anywhere 3 spaces away from that unit as well. Connections can spread through the map and actually get somewhere. Also, thorns that appear directly next to closest unit (1 space) will have 3 health, 2 spaces away = 2 health, 3 spaces away = 1 health. That might prevent bombshells from killing lots of thorns with splash damage.

If a friendly unit wants to move to a space with a thorn, they get the same health boost as medic, which I think will give bramble an extra use.

League: Master League
Member of the Mobi Style Clan
[Image: avatar_785.png?dateline=1354940810]
10-18-2012, 07:53 PM
(10-18-2012 09:23 AM)Zomus X Wrote:  I'm not a beta tester, but I think this is a cool idea.

I've said this in another thread, but I just got a new idea. If bramble was connected/next to any other units on the same team (grown thorns also count as units), it can grow thorns anywhere 3 spaces away from that unit as well. Connections can spread through the map and actually get somewhere. Also, thorns that appear directly next to closest unit (1 space) will have 3 health, 2 spaces away = 2 health, 3 spaces away = 1 health. That might prevent bombshells from killing lots of thorns with splash damage.

If a friendly unit wants to move to a space with a thorn, they get the same health boost as medic, which I think will give bramble an extra use.
Honestly, that would be very overpowered. First of all, 3 spaces for spawning thorns is a VERY large space, especially with chain spawning. Next, 3 wits for an adjacent thorn is very tough. That's basically a blockade the strength of a soldier for merely 1 wit, enough to hold off a crushing defeat for a prolonged period of time. Think of a small map, where you are able to create a total of 18 HP units each and every turn.

The medic idea sounds interesting, but could too be quite strong. With a single thorn an average distance from your spawn space, you could move every spawned unit out onto that space and receive a free boost at no extra cost, apart from the initial 1 wit for spawning.
10-19-2012, 12:33 AM
How about, instead of them being purely a blockade, make it so you can place your own units inside, and they gain +1 health while inside.

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
10-19-2012, 12:58 AM
(10-19-2012 12:33 AM)Phyresis Wrote:  How about, instead of them being purely a blockade, make it so you can place your own units inside, and they gain +1 health while inside.

I'm not a beta tester, but this really seems necessary, because it seems awful if you can't move your cactus because there's friendly thorns in the way.

10-19-2012, 02:15 AM
The Bramble has been significantly buffed so that it can get into position and perform its role fast at the same costs and its actually really fun and I believe balanced; while you can't really make massive thorn forteresses that block everything very often, gameplay seems more orientated around making an extremely aggressive play on one turn followed by attritioning your opponent in subsequent turns.

@quantum Wink the bramble is my new favourite special <3

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
10-19-2012, 02:19 AM
(10-19-2012 02:15 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  The Bramble has been significantly buffed so that it can get into position and perform its role fast at the same costs and its actually really fun and I believe balanced; while you can't really make massive thorn forteresses that block everything very often, gameplay seems more orientated around making an extremely aggressive play on one turn followed by attritioning your opponent in subsequent turns.

@quantum Wink the bramble is my new favourite special <3

Does that aggressive play on one turn only work with the new awarded wit for kill mechanic?