Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Veggienauts Bramble - Suggested improvements to initial beta version
10-18-2012, 07:53 PM
RE: Veggienauts Bramble - Suggested improvements to initial beta version
(10-18-2012 09:23 AM)Zomus X Wrote:  I'm not a beta tester, but I think this is a cool idea.

I've said this in another thread, but I just got a new idea. If bramble was connected/next to any other units on the same team (grown thorns also count as units), it can grow thorns anywhere 3 spaces away from that unit as well. Connections can spread through the map and actually get somewhere. Also, thorns that appear directly next to closest unit (1 space) will have 3 health, 2 spaces away = 2 health, 3 spaces away = 1 health. That might prevent bombshells from killing lots of thorns with splash damage.

If a friendly unit wants to move to a space with a thorn, they get the same health boost as medic, which I think will give bramble an extra use.
Honestly, that would be very overpowered. First of all, 3 spaces for spawning thorns is a VERY large space, especially with chain spawning. Next, 3 wits for an adjacent thorn is very tough. That's basically a blockade the strength of a soldier for merely 1 wit, enough to hold off a crushing defeat for a prolonged period of time. Think of a small map, where you are able to create a total of 18 HP units each and every turn.

The medic idea sounds interesting, but could too be quite strong. With a single thorn an average distance from your spawn space, you could move every spawned unit out onto that space and receive a free boost at no extra cost, apart from the initial 1 wit for spawning.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Veggienauts Bramble - Suggested improvements to initial beta version - QuantumApocalypse - 10-18-2012 07:53 PM