Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Veggienauts Bramble - Suggested improvements to initial beta version
10-07-2012, 02:29 AM
RE: Veggienauts Bramble - Suggested improvements to initial beta version
Do you think that all the thorns should die if Bramble die?
What happand to the thorns if Scarambler manage to brainwashed bramble?
And if you have 2 brable can one Bramble create throns near thorns of the over Bramble?

I will glad to know the answer as soon as you (Alex, Adam and and every one who works on the beta) dcide how it will work.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2012, 02:33 AM
I think that's been decided already. When the Bramble (think of it as a host) dies, the Thorns vanish as well. If the Bramble (host) gets scrambled, it automatically gets unrooted, causing the Thorns to vanish, too.
Creating Thorns is not the Bramble's action but every Thorn you have can grow more Thorns. Meaning that if you got two Brambles, it doesn't matter whose Thorns you'll expand (you need to take care though which one you are growing; because the Thorns are considered to be "linked" to the corresponding Bramble).

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
10-07-2012, 02:35 AM
All thorns die if the bramble dies or gets converted, that's the only way it would make sence. If 2 brambles are made, the thorns only belong to their original creator.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
10-07-2012, 02:42 AM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2012 02:43 AM by Ravernoth.)
Does this make it an 'all or nothing' unit? Underpowered initially but overpowered if unchecked .. and having invested all those wits, if you lose your Bramble and all the thorns in one shot, would that be an almost certain loss?
10-07-2012, 02:51 AM
I don't see how the enemy is destroying the Bramble if you've got your normal units around. Are Mobi or Bombshell "all or nothing" units?

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
10-07-2012, 02:53 AM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2012 02:54 AM by Necrocat219.)
I've had a few fun situations, like I managed to trick oppnents into using my bramble thorns as walls which came down on him when I unrooted Smile. But yeah it seems like that a bit.

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
10-07-2012, 03:13 AM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2012 03:33 AM by Ravernoth.)
(10-07-2012 02:51 AM)Harti Wrote:  I don't see how the enemy is destroying the Bramble if you've got your normal units around. Are Mobi or Bombshell "all or nothing" units?

With the other specials, you lose the unit but not the benefit of the wits you've spent on their abilities. Bramble needs substantial investment to be effective, so it sounds like it would be a big blow to lose the thorns as well.
How does it work out in practice?

And what's it like to play against?
10-07-2012, 05:30 AM
Dammit. Can't post replays... Well there's been 2 times when it felt like it was just the right situation. One where i couldn't quite finish my opponent off but I generated tons of wits. So I swarmed the field.

Then against harti I applied a lot of pressure on his wit space, trying to swarm the area around there to force 2 for 1 wit spaces. I already had the advantage though and I had to play very carefully around his bombshells, and he made a mistake that cost his medic. So yeeeah...

Both on glitch

10-07-2012, 06:08 AM
(10-07-2012 05:30 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  Dammit. Can't post replays... Well there's been 2 times when it felt like it was just the right situation. One where i couldn't quite finish my opponent off but I generated tons of wits. So I swarmed the field.

Then against harti I applied a lot of pressure on his wit space, trying to swarm the area around there to force 2 for 1 wit spaces. I already had the advantage though and I had to play very carefully around his bombshells, and he made a mistake that cost his medic. So yeeeah...

Both on glitch

When you describes it like that it's seems that you have to detect the Bramble as fast as you can or it will be too late and he will multiply himself too much.
10-07-2012, 06:20 AM
(10-07-2012 06:08 AM)the duck Wrote:  
(10-07-2012 05:30 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  Dammit. Can't post replays... Well there's been 2 times when it felt like it was just the right situation. One where i couldn't quite finish my opponent off but I generated tons of wits. So I swarmed the field.

Both on glitch

When you describes it like that it's seems that you have to detect the Bramble as fast as you can or it will be too late and he will multiply himself too much.

He's actually really easy to detect; it is only cost efficient if you spawn thorns straight into the direction you want to control, meaning having 1 runner will usually detect bramble by at least the second spawned thorn