Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it Possible to Void Bugged Games?
10-04-2012, 12:09 AM
Is it Possible to Void Bugged Games?
Apparently, Beta version 1.1 had some bleed over into the normal version, and this is fixed in Beta 1.2. It appears that in a 2 v 2 non-beta game, I inadvertently "cheated" by using the extra wits given under the beta rules.

We are consulting with our adversaries, but it is likely they would like the game voided. Is this possible?

I'm posting this here, rather than in the Beta forum, so that my adversaries can see that I tried for them.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2012, 12:17 AM
RE: Is it Possible to Void Bugged Games?
well, you can do what is right by surrendering in the game as it is you who made a mistake. and just post a screen shot and save the replay of the game so you can appeal if the game can be voided.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
10-04-2012, 12:37 AM
(10-04-2012 12:17 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  well, you can do what is right by surrendering in the game as it is you who made a mistake. and just post a screen shot and save the replay of the game so you can appeal if the game can be voided.

For the record, there was no "mistake" just a failure to notice a bug immediately. In any event, the answer to the technical question of whether the game can be voided will inform what we do, and is the first step for us, so I dont feel the need to discuss the fallback (which may indeed be to resign, we'll cross that bridge when we get there).
10-04-2012, 01:02 AM
mistake

noun
an error in action, calculation, opinion, or judgment caused by poor reasoning, carelessness, insufficient knowledge, etc.
a misunderstanding or misconception. Dodgy

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
10-04-2012, 02:47 AM
(10-04-2012 12:09 AM)ArtNJ Wrote:  Apparently, Beta version 1.1 had some bleed over into the normal version, and this is fixed in Beta 1.2. It appears that in a 2 v 2 non-beta game, I inadvertently "cheated" by using the extra wits given under the beta rules.

We are consulting with our adversaries, but it is likely they would like the game voided. Is this possible?

I'm posting this here, rather than in the Beta forum, so that my adversaries can see that I tried for them.

Yes, a void would be appreciated. Normally I wouldn't care but we're on at least a 10 win streak and pushing for ST.
10-04-2012, 06:43 AM
If we can't void the game, I wouldn't have a problem forfeiting if Art doesn't, I don't put much stock into the leagues as it is. Or we could start a custom game and see who wins that one and then finish the 'official' game accordingly.
10-04-2012, 08:59 AM
(10-04-2012 06:43 AM)aaronINdayton Wrote:  If we can't void the game, I wouldn't have a problem forfeiting if Art doesn't, I don't put much stock into the leagues as it is. Or we could start a custom game and see who wins that one and then finish the 'official' game accordingly.

Yeah, I guess there would be no other logical option. They are not that far behind, so I hate to forfeit it, but I guess its the only fair thing to do. I actually still need to watch the replay, but based on what you guys are seeing I'm pretty sure that is the issue.
10-04-2012, 09:54 AM
Now that the bug is removed you shouldn't have this problem in future games Smile

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
10-04-2012, 01:25 PM
(10-04-2012 08:59 AM)ArtNJ Wrote:  
(10-04-2012 06:43 AM)aaronINdayton Wrote:  If we can't void the game, I wouldn't have a problem forfeiting if Art doesn't, I don't put much stock into the leagues as it is. Or we could start a custom game and see who wins that one and then finish the 'official' game accordingly.

Yeah, I guess there would be no other logical option. They are not that far behind, so I hate to forfeit it, but I guess its the only fair thing to do. I actually still need to watch the replay, but based on what you guys are seeing I'm pretty sure that is the issue.
I guess I'm ok with that. Seems fair enough. I'll check with my partner and get back to you.