Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Differences/Comparison With Hero Academy
06-14-2012, 08:35 PM
RE: Differences/Comparison With Hero Academy
I would like to point out one of the finer points in this comparison that occurred to me shortly after joining the Outwitters beta which hasn't been mentioned yet. Unlike in Hero Academy where there are a lot of percentage based damage modifiers which forces most players to try it out because they can't do the calculation in their head, Outwitters is really simple on the mind. All damage and health numbers are integer between 0 and 5 and all units have a fixed, that is unmodifiable, damage.

Like I said earlier, I haven't played Hero Academy for long, but one thing I do remember is testing turns to see if my Knight with a sword upgrade could take down my enemies archer with helm and armor and if using a scroll on my knight would make a significant difference. I could have done all of this with pen and paper or a calculator, but testing it was easier. I didn't like this game style very much although I suppose at some point you would develop an intuition for it.
In Outwitters, you really can plan an entire turn in your head. Most of the time, the number of wits is below 10 and you can easily tell what units would be needed to destroy an enemy unit.

I understand that coming from Hero Academy your mind is set on "try and experiment until you are satisfied with your turn" because that's what Hero Academy forces you to do. Then again Outwitters really forces you to think first and then act. You will get it once you play it for yourselves.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-14-2012, 10:08 PM
It really IS awesome. Listen to what Kamikaze28 said. Smile

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
06-14-2012, 11:58 PM
That is comforting to hear that there isn't any pen and paper math required to plan out an entire turn! Agreed that this is a big pain in HA, but all the upgrading, variety, and buffing of units is a lot fun if you're into that kind of thing.
06-27-2012, 10:52 AM
I can't wait to try it out! I love turn based strategy games, and I've been playing Hero Academy for about a month now. HA has a steep learning curve to get good, for the reasons that have been cited here.