Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about changes in future updates.
10-01-2012, 05:34 AM
Question Questions about changes in future updates.
Hi everybody,
I just thought it would be nice if everybody who has questions about future updates could put them in one place to make them easier to answer.

HOWEVER, remember:
- Not all questions (especially regarding the specifics) can be answered.
- The new team is still being balanced out so we can't say much about it
- Nothing is final at this stage. Later in the beta Alex might be able to give more specific info regarding the new team, FPA fixes and gameplay changes.
- Adam and Alex are VERY busy at the moment, so it will very likely take them quite a while to answer any questions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2012, 06:23 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2012 06:26 AM by TheQwertiest.)
RE: Questions about changes in future updates.
is a guild system a possibility in outwitter? a guild would be awesome in this game and might give more life to this forum (a separate section in the forums for the guilds) where theres room for casual talk and might open a way to better relations between players (getting to know each other better). cause it seems to me a lot of people here are mostly cold/snobby/serious types.
no offense intended. this post is a question/suggestion for "FUTURE" updates and by future i mean a time regarded as still to come, at a later time; going or likely to happen or exist.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
10-01-2012, 06:58 AM
Lucky I think you can edit the OP to say that beta testers can answer questions too as long as they aren't something we have no way of answering.

@TheQuertiest so kind of like clans? I've been thinking this could be a neat thing too, but rather than in the game we organize the in the forums. But yeah, right now they're really busy with this update so ill leave it for now.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
10-01-2012, 07:07 AM
(10-01-2012 06:58 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  Lucky I think you can edit the OP to say that beta testers can answer questions too as long as they aren't something we have no way of answering.

@TheQuertiest so kind of like clans? I've been thinking this could be a neat thing too, but rather than in the game we organize the in the forums. But yeah, right now they're really busy with this update so ill leave it for now.

yes exactly like clans. what im asking is this idea a possibility in "future" updates. i think it would create better relations between players because it seems to me theres hardly any chance to talk normally here. if its only in forums it would still be fine for me but there should be a different section for the clans so we wont disturb the serious people here in the outwitters section. but ingame clans would be so much more awesome. Big Grin

Anonymous Clan
10-01-2012, 07:28 AM
Yes clans would be cool. But how would they work? Who joins what clan? What are the point of clans? If clans battle and see who has the best clan, wouldn't all the st just join together? Don't take this the wrong way, I've always thought about and wanted clans and think they would be awesome, but I can't find answers to the questions I've thought of.
10-01-2012, 07:44 AM
(10-01-2012 07:28 AM)Mr.Banger Wrote:  Yes clans would be cool. But how would they work? Who joins what clan? What are the point of clans? If clans battle and see who has the best clan, wouldn't all the st just join together? Don't take this the wrong way, I've always thought about and wanted clans and think they would be awesome, but I can't find answers to the questions I've thought of.

We have no plans for a built-in clan feature, but this doesn't stop players from organizing their own teams/guilds/clans/whatever outside the game on forums or websites. If you're doing it for purely competition's sake then yes, better players band together. But a good portion of teams in other games do it for various other reasons:
1. to find like-mind players to play with
2. to find similarly skilled players to improve and discuss the game with
3. locality. just a state/province/region of players wanting to play together.
..etc...

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
10-01-2012, 07:50 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2012 07:52 AM by blckace.)
Can you make sure these three issues get addressed:
1) the base health of the scrambler should be 2 instead of 1 that way it has the same survivability as the other special units.
2) when someone starts a game and they are p1 and the system is still looking for an opponent, they can resign and not lose points, they can repeatedly do that until they get the map they want, so please implement a resignation penalty even when there is no opponent.
3) because there's FTA, why not have the p1 assignment be every other game. For example, as it is right now I might be p2 in five games in a row, can you make it so we get p1, p2, p1 and so on... More regular and fair that way.
10-01-2012, 07:55 AM
1 is actually being tested right now but has only been up for a few days so it is too soon to say if it is balanced, but so far I like it

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
10-01-2012, 08:05 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2012 08:12 AM by TheQwertiest.)
(10-01-2012 07:28 AM)Mr.Banger Wrote:  Yes clans would be cool. But how would they work? Who joins what clan? What are the point of clans? If clans battle and see who has the best clan, wouldn't all the st just join together? Don't take this the wrong way, I've always thought about and wanted clans and think they would be awesome, but I can't find answers to the questions I've thought of.

the solutions i can think of would be.
having a certain level before you can create clans. like reaching a certain league like ST.
if the clan leader gets demoted to a lower league the entire clan wouldnt be able to participate in clan wars.

the point of having a clan would be for ranking? everyone wants to be on top. you cant deny this.

who joins clans. a clan must have a balanced amount of members like if the clan has 50 members, 10 from each league.
what if the players get promoted? then the members wouldnt be balanced.
-promotion of members will be an advantage of the clan so active members are better.

for inactive members. you could remove them from the clan but replacements can only be filled up starting from the lowest league.
ex. 30 ST's, 10 M's, 8 G's, 2 C's. and 13 ST's are inactive. so the first 10 replacement members must be fluffy leaguers. and the remaining 3 would go in clever.

a clan war would be a representative member from each league.
1 from ST
1 from masters
1 from gifted
1 from clever
1 from fluffy

this where the advantage of active members come in.
if all members become ST's then representatives on all leagues will be ST's
but on the case of pairings. it can only be equal league or higher.
ex.
47 ST's and 3 Clever are in a guild.
so pairings will go like this
1 ST for ST league
1 ST for masters league
1 ST for gifted league
1 Clever for clever league
1 clever for fluffy league

wew thats a lot of typing for an ipad. i know this seems far out to be implimented on outwitters. but it would be so awesome if we could have this
(10-01-2012 07:44 AM)onealexleft Wrote:  

We have no plans for a built-in clan feature, but this doesn't stop players from organizing their own teams/guilds/clans/whatever outside the game on forums or websites. If you're doing it for purely competition's sake then yes, better players band together. But a good portion of teams in other games do it for various other reasons:
..etc...

thanks for the response Smile there goes all that typing and thinking. lol

Anonymous Clan
10-01-2012, 08:27 AM
(10-01-2012 08:05 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  

the solutions i can think of would be.
having a certain level before you can create clans. like reaching a certain league like ST.
if the clan leader gets demoted to a lower league the entire clan wouldnt be able to participate in clan wars.

the point of having a clan would be for ranking? everyone wants to be on top. you cant deny this.

who joins clans. a clan must have a balanced amount of members like if the clan has 50 members, 10 from each league.
what if the players get promoted? then the members wouldnt be balanced.
-promotion of members will be an advantage of the clan so active members are better.

for inactive members. you could remove them from the clan but replacements can only be filled up starting from the lowest league.
ex. 30 ST's, 10 M's, 8 G's, 2 C's. and 13 ST's are inactive. so the first 10 replacement members must be fluffy leaguers. and the remaining 3 would go in clever.

a clan war would be a representative member from each league.
1 from ST
1 from masters
1 from gifted
1 from clever
1 from fluffy

this where the advantage of active members come in.
if all members become ST's then representatives on all leagues will be ST's
but on the case of pairings. it can only be equal league or higher.
ex.
47 ST's and 3 Clever are in a guild.
so pairings will go like this
1 ST for ST league
1 ST for masters league
1 ST for gifted league
1 Clever for clever league
1 clever for fluffy league

wew thats a lot of typing for an ipad. i know this seems far out to be implimented on outwitters. but it would be so awesome if we could have this
(10-01-2012 07:44 AM)onealexleft Wrote:  

..etc...

thanks for the response Smile there goes all that typing and thinking. lol

Well, a clan isn't just for ranking, it's also for friendly competative communities to form

A good example of this, and I hope I'm not advertising, is vortexwars. It's an up to 8 player risk like strategy game, which has got a very good forum. There is a whole section dedicated to clans, and there's a verity from veterans called renegades (that's me! Tongue) to newer players banding together like wolfpack. The creator actually tried to implement clans ingame but even though it would suit it, it's been too difficult.