Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it ok to discuss proposed beta change here?
10-02-2012, 05:40 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2012 05:40 AM by GreatGonzales.)
RE: Is it ok to discuss proposed beta change here?
(10-02-2012 04:59 AM)Harti Wrote:  @GreatGonzales:
So you think that a 3 HP Scrambler will survive a counterattack made by the opponent? I don't think so. Usually they're in deep Sniper range by that time. It's a kamikaze unit any way you turn it (except when your base is at stake and you can build one to get out of peril, but even then it's usually more kamikaze than defensive). To really make it better you'd have to remove the HP reduction.
Whenever you brought enough wits and a Medic, the Scrambler actually often turned the tides. The problem is very often the former - insufficient wits.

Actually I was talking about a 2 hp scrambler (1 base hp boosted), but yeah, I do think having 3 hp significantly increases the scrambler's chances of surviving a counterattack. It certainly makes the feedback player's job a lot easier. My point was strictly to compare the mobi/bombshell to the scrambler on the survivability criteria - the other two specials are much easier to "use" while also keeping them alive. And I think that's important. But, you have to weigh that against the function of the unit, and I agree with you that the scrambler's ability is probably the most powerful of the three.

As for 3 hp (2 base hp boosted) scrambler, I think that's probably overpowered, for the reasons you've already mentioned.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it ok to discuss proposed beta change here? - GreatGonzales - 10-02-2012 05:40 AM