Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it ok to discuss proposed beta change here?
10-01-2012, 11:15 AM
RE: Is it ok to discuss proposed beta change here?
(10-01-2012 10:53 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  My guess is a heavy stat change? It would be nice if you guys posted the stuff that didn't make the cut after the beta is complete.

Well...

Released beta=Launch version=what you guys get

Released beta + Everything that didn't get released= Everything

Tongue

Anyway, point is, the stuff that doesn't make the cut might be kept for future things, and if all that was splurged, there wouldn't be much you didn't know about the beta, and the current confidentiality practically be rendered pointless.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Yeah I think we're gonna reveal it sooner or later anyway, our judgment will stay pending for another week or so, though. We're currently testing three individual things at once, that is the Bramble, the 8 wit FTA counter and "the change"; and we'll have to get used to the change first. It messes with the way we're used to play the game. I can't speak for everyone but we're so much more prone to miscalculations that we can't tell if we lost due to such an error or due to any other combination of novelties.

During the next week, either anybody will have figured out a good idea how to balance the change, or we're putting it aside for the moment. I think releasing the new team and fixing FTA have priority over balancing turtling. Would anybody disagree?

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
10-01-2012, 11:55 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2012 11:57 AM by garcia1000.)
Change to make Heavy useful?

I think in terms of priority:
1) Release new team
2) Fix FTA
3) Somehow making it so you don't misclick on bombshell and unshell/shell it at bad times
4) Something queue stuffing maybe?
?) Is turtling even a problem? I see Fluffy matches and most don't have turtling, and Super-titan matches and most don't have turtling
10-01-2012, 12:16 PM
This is torture. Send me a damn beta invite!!!
10-01-2012, 12:21 PM
Is the change increasing scrambler hp to 2?
10-01-2012, 12:49 PM
(10-01-2012 12:21 PM)Mr.Banger Wrote:  Is the change increasing scrambler hp to 2?

No...that would be very overpowered...
10-01-2012, 01:32 PM
Could there be some visual indication that I've attacked with a unit? Sometimes, I attack with a unit. But then it doesn't change color, so I try to move and attack with it. That generally is terrible since you just moved your unit close to them so they can kill you lol
10-01-2012, 01:37 PM
(10-01-2012 12:49 PM)QuantumApocalypse Wrote:  
(10-01-2012 12:21 PM)Mr.Banger Wrote:  Is the change increasing scrambler hp to 2?

No...that would be very overpowered...

Oh okay, I just thought it might've been because necrocat posted that in the future updates thread on the first page in response to blkace
10-01-2012, 01:57 PM
(10-01-2012 11:55 AM)garcia1000 Wrote:  Change to make Heavy useful?

I think in terms of priority:
1) Release new team
2) Fix FTA
3) Somehow making it so you don't misclick on bombshell and unshell/shell it at bad times
4) Something queue stuffing maybe?
?) Is turtling even a problem? I see Fluffy matches and most don't have turtling, and Super-titan matches and most don't have turtling

I agree with this order for the most part. When is turtling a problem except at very low levels? The only map I'm really content to sit back on and 'turtle' is Peekaboo when I play as Scallywags. The new unit may be conducive to turtling though since if you do things like make a vine to protect a sniper, it makes it harder to advance that sniper on an offensive too. Harti has made a suggestion that helps alleviate this issue though (as well as make the bramble more versatile/useful) so I hope that gets implemented in the future beta builds.

As for the bombshell, I've gotten out of the habit of tapping my unit to deselect it for just that reason. Now when I want to deselect I just press somewhere on the edge of the screen. For queuing, fixing FTA should make it much less of an issue anyway since being P1 won't be so much of an advantage that people feel the need to queue as P1 for a huge advantage (which they get now).

So yes, I think the main focus besides balancing the new team should be the FTA fix (currently 8 wits for P2). Perhaps what I'd put after 1) and 2) however would be making the Heavy more worthwhile to spawn, but that's a discussion for another time =)

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
10-01-2012, 02:42 PM
Well, now I'm curious!