Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about changes in future updates.
10-01-2012, 08:32 AM
RE: Questions about changes in future updates.
(10-01-2012 08:27 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  
(10-01-2012 08:05 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  
(10-01-2012 07:28 AM)Mr.Banger Wrote:  Yes clans would be cool. But how would they work? Who joins what clan? What are the point of clans? If clans battle and see who has the best clan, wouldn't all the st just join together? Don't take this the wrong way, I've always thought about and wanted clans and think they would be awesome, but I can't find answers to the questions I've thought of.

the solutions i can think of would be.
having a certain level before you can create clans. like reaching a certain league like ST.
if the clan leader gets demoted to a lower league the entire clan wouldnt be able to participate in clan wars.

the point of having a clan would be for ranking? everyone wants to be on top. you cant deny this.

who joins clans. a clan must have a balanced amount of members like if the clan has 50 members, 10 from each league.
what if the players get promoted? then the members wouldnt be balanced.
-promotion of members will be an advantage of the clan so active members are better.

for inactive members. you could remove them from the clan but replacements can only be filled up starting from the lowest league.
ex. 30 ST's, 10 M's, 8 G's, 2 C's. and 13 ST's are inactive. so the first 10 replacement members must be fluffy leaguers. and the remaining 3 would go in clever.

a clan war would be a representative member from each league.
1 from ST
1 from masters
1 from gifted
1 from clever
1 from fluffy

this where the advantage of active members come in.
if all members become ST's then representatives on all leagues will be ST's
but on the case of pairings. it can only be equal league or higher.
ex.
47 ST's and 3 Clever are in a guild.
so pairings will go like this
1 ST for ST league
1 ST for masters league
1 ST for gifted league
1 Clever for clever league
1 clever for fluffy league

wew thats a lot of typing for an ipad. i know this seems far out to be implimented on outwitters. but it would be so awesome if we could have this
(10-01-2012 07:44 AM)onealexleft Wrote:  
(10-01-2012 07:28 AM)Mr.Banger Wrote:  Yes clans would be cool. But how would they work? Who joins what clan? What are the point of clans? If clans battle and see who has the best clan, wouldn't all the st just join together? Don't take this the wrong way, I've always thought about and wanted clans and think they would be awesome, but I can't find answers to the questions I've thought of.

We have no plans for a built-in clan feature, but this doesn't stop players from organizing their own teams/guilds/clans/whatever outside the game on forums or websites. If you're doing it for purely competition's sake then yes, better players band together. But a good portion of teams in other games do it for various other reasons:
1. to find like-mind players to play with
2. to find similarly skilled players to improve and discuss the game with
3. locality. just a state/province/region of players wanting to play together.
..etc...

thanks for the response Smile there goes all that typing and thinking. lol

Well, a clan isn't just for ranking, it's also for friendly competative communities to form

A good example of this, and I hope I'm not advertising, is vortexwars. It's an up to 8 player risk like strategy game, which has got a very good forum. There is a whole section dedicated to clans, and there's a verity from veterans called renegades (that's me! Tongue) to newer players banding together like wolfpack. The creator actually tried to implement clans ingame but even though it would suit it, it's been too difficult.

i couldnt view the website properly because im on ipad. but it sounds cool.
on clan system not being a possibility ingame.. atleast i tried. haha.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2012, 08:37 AM
Heh, sorry ^^' think of it this way, time they would have spent on making the clan feature would be like making a new team Smile

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
10-01-2012, 08:46 AM
yeah. i would prefer a new team. hehe

Anonymous Clan
10-01-2012, 10:42 AM
I think clan is not worth the developer effort
10-01-2012, 04:39 PM
(10-01-2012 10:42 AM)garcia1000 Wrote:  I think clan is not worth the developer effort

well, we all have our own opinions. Smile

Anonymous Clan