Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
League rankings + promotions: suggestions and ideas for change
09-29-2012, 12:57 AM
RE: League rankings + promotions: suggestions and ideas for change
I agree matchmaking needs tweaking to face more challenging opponents faster so w/l is closer to 50/50, and maybe make promotions/demotions quicker to get you where you should be without so much grinding. But I imagine they're interconnected, so maybe one leads to the other. In regards to the 'hidden ranking', I think keeping it hidden is a good thing. That allows them to tweak it behind the scenes and the only thing we'd see is improved matchmaking (if it works right...), no uproar when people log on and see the number next to their name is now lower or a different colour or whatever.

In my own experience, I have been having challenging matchs from day 1 and still learning and having fun, but have been winning most of them. I think it's been about 30 wins, with a couple of loses sprinkled in, per promotion for me which wasn't too painful. I think the addition of displaying a breakdown of wins between 1x1 and 2x2, and a points per game calc for both would be a fairly easy addition (there's enough real estate on the profile page to add this...) that would make the current visable ranking system way more meaningful.

Proud member of Anonymous clan
Master League 1x1, occasionally top 200
Master League 2x2 w Ryzuma
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: League rankings + promotions: suggestions and ideas for change - RandyDogz - 09-29-2012 12:57 AM