Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
League rankings + promotions: suggestions and ideas for change
09-28-2012, 11:00 PM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2012 11:08 PM by Ravernoth.)
RE: League rankings + promotions: suggestions and ideas for change
(09-28-2012 10:21 PM)CombatEX Wrote:  
(09-28-2012 08:56 PM)Samura| Wrote:  Where does the issue lie?
I believe the key issue is that it is taking too long to be matched against better opponents, rather than an issue with how points are being awarded. I.e. the reason I'm not being promoted with 30-40 straight wins is not because I'm not being awarded enough (invisible) points for my wins, but because I'm not being matched against players above my skill level to prove myself.

As for your solutions, I don't think a complete overhaul is necessary. Since the issue is simply not being matched with better players rapidly enough, I feel that all that needs to be changed is the matchmaking, not the way league itself works (promotions, points for wins, etc). Just make it so that players can match versus much better players if they have a high win:loss ratio. If they maintain their high ratio against these players, then give them even better players. If their win-rate against these players turns out to be 50/50 then keep giving them these new much better players. If they dip under 50/50 then give them slightly worse players until they stabilize at 50/50. Right now the system takes too long to recognize players with very high win:loss ratios and fails to give players the proper opponents to reach a 50/50 record in a timely manner.

For your suggestion to have 'real points' being displayed over the current 'pointless points' =P, I don't think that is necessary. But I would like the bonus pool system to be added eventually. For now though, simply fixing the matchmaking is more than enough. Bonus pool can be added later.

Yes I agree, in terms of maximum improvement for the minimum work for OML, I'm sure there's a dial or number that they can adjust somewhere that would allow you to play better players earlier if you have a high win:loss.

Maybe change the thread title to something like "League matchmaking and Promotions: Please give tougher matchups faster"

The great part of this game is strategizing and finding a way to beat a good opponent. But unfortunately for many it starts out as 'Grind for 80 games to find someone you need to Outwit' Tongue

And with a mobile game where turnover is so quick, OML will lose many skilled players who are their core audience.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: League rankings + promotions: suggestions and ideas for change - Ravernoth - 09-28-2012 11:00 PM