Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The most important thing in the new update...for you?
09-26-2012, 06:44 AM
RE: The most important thing in the new update...for you?
(09-26-2012 06:06 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  
(09-26-2012 05:54 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  2. It would be way too difficult to hold that wit space if a player can simply push another unit off (especially since it is in an easily accessible central part of the map).

this would be the cool part. haha

Yes, THAT would be the cool part, but this would not... =(
Quote:I imagine it would come down to each side throwing sacrificial runners at the space to prevent anyone from controlling it.

Inherently forward wit spaces will be harder to hold than ones near your spawn points. I'm all for difficult to hold spaces, but the thing is, I imagine the "pushing off" mechanic wouldn't simply make it too hard. The problem is it is too easy to take the space back just by throwing a unit on the space if you can just push units off. Then, as you don't want your opponent to hold an extra wit space, you'll feel obligated to recapture it by throwing another unit on the space (probably a runner) and vice versa. This essentially will just be a wit sink and will effectively limit tactical possibilities rather than expand them.

Don't misunderstand me, experimenting with 'more neutral' wit spaces would certainly be interesting, I just don't think it's practical now when we still haven't fixed FTA for the simpler case.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The most important thing in the new update...for you? - CombatEX - 09-26-2012 06:44 AM