Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2v2 FTA Discussion
09-27-2012, 07:18 PM
RE: 2v2 FTA Discussion
I'd say FTA came into play in this match. Defense definitely could've been better but FTA allowed us to ignore our opponents attack in this case.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-20-2012, 03:55 AM
I think it's time to revive this thread. Now that I've played many games at a high level, and the great teams have established themselves, my opinion has changed. I believe there is a pretty big FTA in 2v2. There are only 2 or 3 teams that have been able to beat us regularly, and it always seems to be when they are P1. When we are P1 against these same teams, they don't seem quite as fearsome, and we win regularly. If we get the win as P2, it's always an insane battle that we would have lost on the next turn and only won because of a mistake. If OML doesn't want to make a change similar to the one made in 1v1, I'm ok with that, as long as a random first turn is put in place. Any thoughts?
12-20-2012, 03:59 AM
(12-20-2012 03:55 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  I think it's time to revive this thread. Now that I've played many games at a high level, and the great teams have established themselves, my opinion has changed. I believe there is a pretty big FTA in 2v2. There are only 2 or 3 teams that have been able to beat us regularly, and it always seems to be when they are P1. When we are P1 against these same teams, they don't seem quite as fearsome, and we win regularly. If we get the win as P2, it's always an insane battle that we would have lost on the next turn and only won because of a mistake. If OML doesn't want to make a change similar to the one made in 1v1, I'm ok with that, as long as a random first turn is put in place. Any thoughts?

i do think that there is also FTA in 2v2. it doesnt really prove anything since its not high level games but there was a bit of a trend in 2v2 random tourney where the first team to go first wins.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
12-20-2012, 07:35 AM
There is an obvious FTA in 2v2. My partner and I literally cannot win on machination as p2 and p3
12-20-2012, 07:39 AM
Would 5/5/6/6 starting wits change anything?

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
12-20-2012, 07:51 AM
I dont think FTA is a huge issue in 2v2, we've had our fair shares of wins as P2 (though we havent played that many)

iPro Clan
12-20-2012, 08:23 AM
(12-20-2012 07:39 AM)Harti Wrote:  Would 5/5/6/6 starting wits change anything?
It definately would if you ask me. I don't know what the "magic" number is to balance it out thought but I would gladly take 6.
I don't think the FTA is a huge deal on larger maps (though getting the first sniper spawn on acrospire is important) but it is definately hard on smaller maps like Machination and Blitz Beach
12-20-2012, 09:20 AM
(12-20-2012 03:55 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  I think it's time to revive this thread. Now that I've played many games at a high level, and the great teams have established themselves, my opinion has changed. I believe there is a pretty big FTA in 2v2. There are only 2 or 3 teams that have been able to beat us regularly, and it always seems to be when they are P1. When we are P1 against these same teams, they don't seem quite as fearsome, and we win regularly. If we get the win as P2, it's always an insane battle that we would have lost on the next turn and only won because of a mistake. If OML doesn't want to make a change similar to the one made in 1v1, I'm ok with that, as long as a random first turn is put in place. Any thoughts?

Random first turn would be a nice change of pace, but it doesn't change your reasoning that the game is mostly decided by FTA before you even start playing. I think it would be much better for OML to start fishing for the magic 2v2 Wit number.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
12-20-2012, 11:14 AM
Meh. I don't feel like its too big of a deal. Though we've played
Considerably lesser games as P2. We're open to any friendly challenges where we go P2. Any map.

iPro
12-21-2012, 08:02 AM
The two maps where FTA is felt most in 2v2 is Machination and Blitz Beach. Arcospire is a bit mean as well if P4 isn't the player that has the heavy, because he has to start out very defensive and will always lose a wit tile if the player across from him makes the aggressive Heavy play.

If maps are adjusted where it takes at least one full round before players can make contact, i think 2v2 is fine. Alternatively a minor bump (+1) to the second teams starting wits would help.