Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alex: Proof that FTA is huge and needs addressing now, and how to fix it
09-26-2012, 12:31 AM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2012 12:49 AM by ArtNJ.)
RE: Alex: Proof that FTA is huge and needs addressing now, and how to fix it
(09-26-2012 12:21 AM)garcia1000 Wrote:  Yeah Hero Academy had a huge backlash when they went from 5 to 3 so I agree that increasing 2P wit to 8 is better.

LOL, what? No one even noticed as it was an optional toggle buried in the settings that most never saw, except for the small minority in the player League -- the folks that asked for it.

Most of the arguments against reducing player 1's starting wits make little sense to me, but addressing them point by point is too much for me, so I'll leave it alone. Suffice it to add my vote in favor of this option.

I think giving player two 3 extra wits on the first turn would *probably* also work, but its harder to be sure of the effects than reducing player 1's starting wits to 3. The benefit player 2 gets from this may be greater on maps with 2 spawns, which would be distortionary, but I'm not sure how much of a big deal this would be.
A compromise solution would be to give P1 -1 and P2 +1 on round 1. That may not completely eliminate the FTA, but it should significantly reduce it without introducing any radical changes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alex: Proof that FTA is huge and needs addressing now, and how to fix it - ArtNJ - 09-26-2012 12:31 AM