Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alex: Proof that FTA is huge and needs addressing now, and how to fix it
09-25-2012, 11:43 PM (This post was last modified: 09-25-2012 11:45 PM by Necrocat219.)
RE: Alex: Proof that FTA is huge and needs addressing now, and how to fix it
I think the suggestions of giving player 2 more wits 1-4, preferably 3, are fantastic but reducing player 1's wits is a very bad idea, not from a competitive point of view but from a business point of view.

Think about it: you're loving the game and you've got used to the game and have got a solid strategy. Then suddenly you have found after a patch they've reduced your wits as P1. Whilst some people like change, many also get frustrated when change takes place and OML may lose customers because of that.
Just in case you don't know what I'm talking about: After the last patch there was a mini boom of negative ratings: This was mainly because people who had bought the Uber back expected to get 'all inclusive', but when they didn't get the game limit increase they were frustrated because they felt cheated on, even though financially that was the only way that OML could finance players who wanted more game space. Plus, the free players getting only 5 matches may have increased sales for a short amount of time, but it may have also turned some players away and again, leave negative ratings as some people believe they have a right to play for free, with no understanding of income through adverts and such.
However they don't want to upset competitive forum users as anyone can access the forums and we are 'the face' of the community. The reason they have been quiet 'may' and I mean 'MAY', because I have absolutely no way of knowing this, is because they don't want to upset us if they can't balance the game; it's almost as if there are two separate communities they are trying to please: The thousands of anonymous players who can leave a negative or positive ratings and choose to spend money on the game, and the hundreds of players posting on these forum which everyone has access to, who are the face of the community that people playing on the app may see.

Finally to finish this off, OML have a reputation they are trying to build up; they could very easily mess up their whole career from one mistake in this game and until they've build up their reputation, expect them to tread slow and carefully with updates. I do want OML to succeed in building one because I love their games so far and for 2 people they've done an amazing job Smile

Thanks for your time ^^;

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alex: Proof that FTA is huge and needs addressing now, and how to fix it - Necrocat219 - 09-25-2012 11:43 PM