Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Undo button until you press done
09-23-2012, 01:47 AM
Undo button until you press done
There really needs to be an undo button. If you have to press done to even send the turn why does it matter, also sometimes, because it's touch screen, it isn't hard to accidentally make the wrong move that can cost you games.

Allow an undo button that can back up until the beginning of that turn if you have yet to press done.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-23-2012, 02:29 AM
RE: Undo button until you press done
that would be unfair. because if there would be an undo button you could scout the entire area and the purpose of the fog of war would be lost

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
09-23-2012, 02:43 AM
then more things need a confirmation system that currently only movement has. So many times I've accidentally spawned the wrong unit or attacked the wrong thing.
09-23-2012, 02:47 AM
(09-23-2012 02:43 AM)SomewhatBear Wrote:  then more things need a confirmation system that currently only movement has. So many times I've accidentally spawned the wrong unit or attacked the wrong thing.

Spawning requires 2 to 3 taps - I find a confirmation dialog for that a bit too much.
In regards to attacking/healing/Bombshell, I can agree with you and there are previous thread where this has already been discussed.

An undo button is out of the question. "Do or do not, there is no undo", as Yoda would say.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-23-2012, 09:25 PM
I hear so many people say that we need an undo button, that would just change the game into chess where people would know everything going on with runners. Although I like chess, it can be frustrating that playing against someone of equal skill level is about who makes the first mistake rather than who outsmarts who

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
09-24-2012, 01:12 PM
(09-23-2012 02:47 AM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  Spawning requires 2 to 3 taps - I find a confirmation dialog for that a bit too much.

They could always put these under "options" so if its too troublesome for you, you could turn it off.
09-24-2012, 09:17 PM
(09-24-2012 01:12 PM)poweewee Wrote:  
(09-23-2012 02:47 AM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  Spawning requires 2 to 3 taps - I find a confirmation dialog for that a bit too much.

They could always put these under "options" so if its too troublesome for you, you could turn it off.

That's a valid argument in this discussion to the point of ridiculousness*, but the real question is: what's the default setting? Keep in mind that the vast majority of people will not change the default no matter how mad they get at that confirmation dialog.

*: "You tapped on your Spawn Space, are you sure you want to open the 'unit selection' window?", "You selected the Medic, are you sure about that?", "You tapped the 'OK'-button, are you sure you really want to build a Medic?", "You tapped on a Bombshell, are you sure you want to select this unit?", "You dragged the view of the map, are you sure about this?".
Okay, I might have gotten a bit carried away by these last few ... My message is this: there is a point where confirmation dialogs do more harm than good and implementing them but having them off by default will only help the informed and intelligent player.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-25-2012, 02:43 AM
Honestly, I don't think that there is a need for a confirmation button for spawning, since you can select whatever character you want, how many times you want, and then and only then do you press the OK button.

I would suggest having an option for confirmation dialog for attacking only, since you could easily attack the wrong unit if they are adjacent to one another.