Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about rated games
09-20-2012, 06:52 AM
Question about rated games
Hi! I just wanted to ask if it's possible for a player to start a rated game with you, without your approval. Or to prolong the 4 day limit by cheating. Or just any explanation for the following:

I've stopped playing Outwitters about a month ago. I didn't have time to plan my games and I didn't want to lose my rank so I just didn't open the game at all. All of a sudden I had a notification, someone had started a game with me and a rated one nonetheless. And it was my turn.

I figured it couldn't have been an older game or it would have expired ages ago after the 4 day limit. I just made a move at random and continued to do so and obviously I lost in the end. Which annoys me.

Now, in hindsight, I'm thinking it may have been an older game after all - we didn't exactly start off from the beginning from what I remember. So then why didn't it expire long ago? I honestly have not opened this game in at least an entire month.

Basically, I just wish I wouldn't lose games without really knowing why. So if I'm just being noobish and there's a simple explanation for this, maybe someone could share it with me, please. Smile

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-20-2012, 07:12 AM
RE: Question about rated games
Was the game in question by any chance a 2v2? Because I find it really hard to imagine a 1v1 be created without your knowledge or consent (i. e. you queueing up for a 1v1 game).
You have a chance to decline an invitation to a 2v2 game in the game list, but I'd assume that once you did your turn, you can't resign anymore. This game will also only be visible once it is your turn as far as I know.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-20-2012, 08:40 AM
Hi and thank you for replying! No, it was a 1v1, oddly enough. I've never played a 2v2.
I'm thinking more and more that it may have been an older game that I did agree too. It's just very odd because I'm certain I left everything in order when I stopped playing and it's really been a very long time since then. Way past the 4 day limit. It should have expired by now.
09-21-2012, 07:41 PM
maybe a sibling or a friend saw the game and tried it out?

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*