Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vacation mode
09-13-2012, 03:31 AM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2012 03:33 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
Vacation mode
Hello again all!

Now it's to give an idea: what about a vacation mode?

As you all know, we have 5 days to play our turn. It's a long time, but, what if we have to go in vacation but don't want to stop to play the game 5 days before the departure?

So, let's explain. You're in a battle. Now you know that tomorrow you go in holidays, and the battle is far from being ended. So, you click on the button "vacation". Then, the other player will receive a kind of notification, telling him you want to "freeze" the game for a lot of days.

If he accepts, then it's okay, the battle will start again when you'll come back and play your turn.

If he doesn't, because he is SO hurried to play another game ( Tongue ), the game ends, but you don't lose points (this is the main point) Okay, the other will gain some points because it would be unfair he "lost" times for nothing. But you won't lose anything.

Of course, it's not enough to make this reliable. Because, anyone would be able to click on "vacation", not to lose points, and continue other games.

I mean, if you say you're in vacation in one game, then the notification will be sent to all the guys you're playing against, and after that you won't be allowed to play during 6 days. edit: Well, in fact it would be better to put the button "vacation" in the options rather than in-game. ^^

What do you think?

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-13-2012, 05:18 AM
RE: Vacation mode
I try to finish all my ranked games before leaving for a vacation.
09-13-2012, 08:58 AM
I think this is a great idea, or at least some variation of it. I have had this problem when on vacation, but thankfully I was able to take turns before I auto-forfeited. 4 days is a very short time.
09-14-2012, 05:17 AM
Well, sometimes battles are very long, especially on high level ones, and you can't know when it's gonna finish. You can't even imagine the number of 80 turns games I did on Peekaboo x)

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

09-15-2012, 09:39 PM
Okay, before adding a vacation mode, just add a re-initialize button in option. It's annoying that, when you want to begin from the start again, you can't..

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

09-16-2012, 02:48 AM
No way this would ever work, especially the part about not losing points. Can you imagine the abuse that would come of this? Oh, I don't like my situation here...*vacation*. Why not just play on vacation? How many vacation spots don't have wifi? Sorry, but I feel this is an unnecessary addition. Just one man's opinion.
09-16-2012, 04:27 AM
Yeah it's not an important thing Smile But it would be a cool feature!
About that:
"h, I don't like my situation here...*vacation*. "

Just read what I explained!!!!

"Of course, it's not enough to make this reliable. Because, anyone would be able to click on "vacation", not to lose points, and continue other games.

I mean, if you say you're in vacation in one game, then the notification will be sent to all the guys you're playing against, and after that you won't be allowed to play during 6 days. edit: Well, in fact it would be better to put the button "vacation" in the options rather than in-game. "

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

09-16-2012, 04:34 AM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2012 04:36 AM by bmike.)
Bad idea. People start games and pay to have slots past 5.

You should resign if you know you will be away more than 4 days immediately rather than forcing people to accommodate your schedule.

I could only support this if somehow the developer supported putting those games (and your account totally and truly on hold) and the opponent could choose to have you forfeit any time during the absence if they felt they would rather play someone or wait for you to come back. That would allow for everyone to know you were really away - for you to communicate your absence and it would be up to the grace of others to allow your delay to progress.

There are tons of people I'd cherish a game to play through and would allow them the time (as I've never filled up my 35 game quota yet) but also wouldn't want to think someone were gaming their win streak by putting me on ice.