Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When a scrabbler converts a shell, shouldn't it go to 1 health?
09-17-2012, 07:37 AM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2012 07:43 AM by bmike.)
RE: When a scrabbler converts a shell, shouldn't it go to 1 health?
(09-16-2012 10:43 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  
(09-16-2012 04:32 AM)bmike Wrote:  After playing a few times[....] If you don't read the rules - shame on you. If the rules don't cover the gameplay - especially the edge cases - is that a feature or a bug? I prefer the latter but perhaps people like to be surprised and feel it ads to the gameplay?

Seeing over "pits" as they call them is in the rules, or it's implied in the rules. Sniper - "Can hit any target within 3 spaces, firing over pits and friends, but not through barriers or enemies.". You can't shoot what you can't see.
Not to mention, many maps have prespawned units near "pits" making it apparent that you can see over those spaces. I do understand your point but I think they did a fair enough job of explaining it.

I agree with you the starting positions are a good hint and the sniper discussion is spot on. I just like it to be very clear that a sniper/bombshell can or can not fire over a gap or over a post. The spot opposite a shooter adjacent to the posts is three spaces away, but not targetable. Since the bombshell has range 3 it can see that spot but not hit it directly, no?

I'd say something like "you can always see where you can move, but pay attention to gaps in the field as they allow observation of the maximum range of your piece even though it can't actually jump over the gap." would make it much clearer.

A diagram that shows the gap on foundry and how an opposing piece does or doesn't block the view would be even nicer IMO.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: When a scrabbler converts a shell, shouldn't it go to 1 health? - bmike - 09-17-2012 07:37 AM