Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When a scrabbler converts a shell, shouldn't it go to 1 health?
09-16-2012, 04:32 AM
RE: When a scrabbler converts a shell, shouldn't it go to 1 health?
After playing a few times - the current behavior seems to be correct and it should be called out so that people plan accordingly. (I dislike hidden rules like the fog of war allowing seeing over spaces where you can't move - i like the feature - it just should be in the help section explicitly)

I initially thought that a scrambled shell should be unshelled (movable) with one health needing the taker to spend a wit to shell it up again - but perhaps that isn't fair to both sides.

If I have a shelled shell ready to fire - then that cuts both ways. I should expect return fire if it gets scrambled and unshell it or protect it better. It's not like any other piece isn't as deadly after a scramble as it was before the scramble - but explaining it in the help will go a long way to people knowing how the game works before they experience it.

If you don't read the rules - shame on you. If the rules don't cover the gameplay - especially the edge cases - is that a feature or a bug? I prefer the latter but perhaps people like to be surprised and feel it ads to the gameplay?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: When a scrabbler converts a shell, shouldn't it go to 1 health? - bmike - 09-16-2012 04:32 AM