Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When a scrabbler converts a shell, shouldn't it go to 1 health?
09-10-2012, 01:49 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2012 02:16 AM by bmike.)
When a scrabbler converts a shell, shouldn't it go to 1 health?
I have a game where I'm under scrambler attack and I was waiting to kill the scramblers as they advanced, but I had assumed that whatever character they scramble would have 1 health.

Instead, I have a shell scrambled and with health 3 in the same turn.

This doesn't seem right. Even if the opponent had wits to make the shelled piece mobile and then shelled up again, I would expect it to remain at 1 health until it gets healed.

Is this how the rules are supposed to work or is this a bug where the code doesn't handle a scrambled piece and didn't check before making the shell back to 3 points on a shell move? (I'll post the game link once it's over - it shouldn't be long as I had only power to kill a 1 converted piece - not one with three health...)
Turn 40 - red - outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YspSoAQw
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2012, 04:11 AM
RE: When a scrabbler converts a shell, shouldn't it go to 1 health?
Shells always start at 1 health and go to 3 health when shelled. The only thing healing does is add 1 health to the shelled and unshelled states. So if he healed the shell it would have 4 health in shelled mode and 2 health unshelled. Since he didn't heal it, it has 3 health when shelled and 1 health when not. No bugs here.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
09-10-2012, 07:19 AM
CombatEX, I think the OP is talking about his Bombshell being captured by a Scrambler, not to do with healing. It's not quite clear what he means, but I think he's saying a scrambler took his shelled/fortified bombshell and instead of being reduced to one health (as per Scrambler's rules) it remained at three. This is possibly a bug - or possibly a valid construction of the rules.

If that's how it's supposed to be it does seem quite generous to the Feedback team that the shelled bonus is kept.
09-10-2012, 07:47 AM
(09-10-2012 07:19 AM)Joggies Wrote:  It's not quite clear what he means, but I think he's saying a scrambler took his shelled/fortified bombshell and instead of being reduced to one health (as per Scrambler's rules) it remained at three. This is possibly a bug - or possibly a valid construction of the rules.

This is what he means, you can see an example of what happened in the replay link he posted.
09-10-2012, 08:10 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2012 08:19 AM by awpertunity.)
That is really interesting... I would've also thought its health should be reduced to 1.
Just tested it and got some interesting results. It seems whether the bombshell was boosted or not matters too..

When a 3 HP (unboosted, shelled) BS gets scrambled, it remains at 3 HP
When a 3 HP (boosted, shelled, but hit for 1 damage) BS gets scrambled, it drops to 2 HP

When a 2 HP (unboosted, shelled, hit for 1 damage) BS gets scrambled, it remains at 2 HP
When a 2 HP (boosted, shelled, but hit for 2 damage) BS gets scrambled, it drops to 1 HP

wtf?!
09-10-2012, 10:17 AM
I always thought this was part of the game, I'd imagine this would be beta tested...

GC: cherylto
09-10-2012, 11:22 AM
In the replay on turn 40 it is very clear. The bombshell was canon ready and was healed when it moved to it's position on Turn 33. When it was moving on turn 33 it had 2 health and when it shelled (ready to fire) it had 4 health.

On turn 40 when it got brainwashed it went from my piece with 4 health to the opponent's team with 3 health.

This seems to be against the on-line help that states that a scrambled asset should go to one health. For the balance of the game, I would argue that it should remain at 1 health - shelled or unshelled until it gets healed, but that is a moot point here. My opponent didn't unshell the piece after it was brainwashed - it just was ready to fire at normal strength rather than boosted strength.
09-10-2012, 08:54 PM
The way I understand the scrambler the bombshell should go to 1 health but if you unshell and reshell it should be 3 again. Just the same way as if an attack reduced it to 1 hp while shelled.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
09-11-2012, 12:10 AM
(09-10-2012 10:17 AM)phrenikos Wrote:  I always thought this was part of the game, I'd imagine this would be beta tested...
It came up but wasn't adressed. This could either mean they overlooked it or they felt it was good this way. Smile

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
09-11-2012, 05:11 AM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2012 05:12 AM by CombatEX.)
(09-10-2012 07:19 AM)Joggies Wrote:  CombatEX, I think the OP is talking about his Bombshell being captured by a Scrambler, not to do with healing.

Actually he was talking about healing if you re-read his post. He said that it shouldn't get health without healing which is why I brought that up.

But I see. Somehow I thought he put it into shell mode after it was scrambled (and when you convert to shell it goes from 1 hp to 3 hp), but actually it was already in shell mode and then went to 3 hp on the next turn which is strange...

This is what I thought happened, and how the bombshell should work in my opinion:
(09-10-2012 08:54 PM)Eijolend Wrote:  The way I understand the scrambler the bombshell should go to 1 health but if you unshell and reshell it should be 3 again. Just the same way as if an attack reduced it to 1 hp while shelled.

It doesn't really fit with the way the scrambler works in most cases (brings hp down to 1 as if it did damage to the unit) so this is unintuitive. The bombshell didn't convert from unshelled to shelled so the hp should still be 1 as if a soldier did 2 damage to it and brought it down to 1 when it was shelled.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]