Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A good exemple of ranking problem.
09-13-2012, 01:05 AM
RE: A good exemple of ranking problem.
(09-13-2012 12:00 AM)Promicide Wrote:  Ok won all 5 qualifiers. Within 15 turns. Clever rank 45. Seriously?

(09-13-2012 12:21 AM)W1cked21 Wrote:  Well, it rly depends of your adveraries. Were they all fluffy?

Rank is determined by points and is therefore irrelevant in the placement discussion. See other threads about this.
Being matched to Clever after winning 5 matches is another topic. W1cked21 asked correctly against whom did you win these matches? And more importantly: what was the hidden rating of your opponents? (I know that neither of us could answer this question).
The system doesn't care how overwhelmingly you owned your opponents and how clear and decisive victory was - it just sees who won and has to base its decisions on that information alone. I can understand that this is frustrating as a human being but that's just how machines work. You cannot easily teach them to evaluate victories differently to identify higher skilled players more quickly.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A good exemple of ranking problem. - Kamikaze28 - 09-13-2012 01:05 AM