Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A good exemple of ranking problem.
09-12-2012, 10:36 PM
RE: A good exemple of ranking problem.
I did, I had suspicion that this ranking system was a little too familiar (old Warcraft guy). I was looking for every reason to not create a new one but I started one this morning before my other post. Still qualifying. ><
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-13-2012, 12:00 AM
Ok won all 5 qualifiers. Within 15 turns. Clever rank 45. Seriously?
09-13-2012, 12:21 AM
Well, it rly depends of your adveraries. Were they all fluffy?

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
09-13-2012, 01:05 AM
(09-13-2012 12:00 AM)Promicide Wrote:  Ok won all 5 qualifiers. Within 15 turns. Clever rank 45. Seriously?

(09-13-2012 12:21 AM)W1cked21 Wrote:  Well, it rly depends of your adveraries. Were they all fluffy?

Rank is determined by points and is therefore irrelevant in the placement discussion. See other threads about this.
Being matched to Clever after winning 5 matches is another topic. W1cked21 asked correctly against whom did you win these matches? And more importantly: what was the hidden rating of your opponents? (I know that neither of us could answer this question).
The system doesn't care how overwhelmingly you owned your opponents and how clear and decisive victory was - it just sees who won and has to base its decisions on that information alone. I can understand that this is frustrating as a human being but that's just how machines work. You cannot easily teach them to evaluate victories differently to identify higher skilled players more quickly.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-13-2012, 03:09 AM
And remember that the systems only takes in account the health of your base and your opponent's one (you'll get few more points if your base has 5 points when you win than if you have 2), the number of turns taken and the hidden matchmaking data of you and the adversary.

So, sometimes what happens seems weird, but in fact it would be really worse. ^^

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

09-13-2012, 04:25 AM
What has given you the impression that the points or hidden ranking system cares about base health or number of turns taken?
09-13-2012, 04:27 AM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2012 04:28 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
The tips which appear at the bottom when ending a battle. Check them, it's useful you know. Tongue

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

09-13-2012, 05:06 AM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2012 05:13 AM by Promicide.)
I don't hate the rank system. I also concur with the fact that this is amongst the best skill evaluating software in existence. Thank you kami and wicked for schooling me up on how this works.
One more thing regarding rank, they just promoted me to gifted, I'm looking at the players in my division and there are some 20 people with 0 points. How's that possible?
09-13-2012, 05:27 AM
(09-13-2012 04:27 AM)W1cked21 Wrote:  The tips which appear at the bottom when ending a battle. Check them, it's useful you know. Tongue

Do you recall what the tip said? I honestly don't recall ever seeing a message like what you're describing.